1.    #1  
    is there any word if verizon will get the 700p? Thanks
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I think you posted this in the wrong forum.
    i would like to know this information too.
    the answer is no...there is no word on this.
    There is no word on the 700p period. Never mind which network.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    There is no word on the 700p period. Never mind which network.
    there are plenty of words on the 700p...nothing official. but there has been word from the same sources that leaked the 700w. period
    I know this is not really official at all - but when I bought my 700w at the Verizon store in Rockville, MD, two nights ago, the sales guy who seemed much smarter than any other verizon staff I have ever dealt with said that Verizon would be bringing out the 700P around June.
    For what it's worth --
    i have heard similar rumors about the p coming to verizon and i'm sure it will, but who knows when.... however this is what is holding me back form getting the 700w. i'm cautious about using my 'upgrade' price and 'new every 2' on the 700w because if the p comes out soon after, I would have to pay full price for that. and, it will certainly support evdo with higher resolution screen and palm's new OS. so, what to do??
    Was talking with rep from sprint he mentioned verizon had the w first and sprint will have the p exclusive in about a month said they were testing it

Fred
    yeah, and since i'm not switching to sprint seems i would have to wait. in my opinion, verizon would have been better off winning the 700p first instead of the w. maybe I 'should' switch...
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katiegm
    I know this is not really official at all - but when I bought my 700w at the Verizon store in Rockville, MD, two nights ago, the sales guy who seemed much smarter than any other verizon staff I have ever dealt with said that Verizon would be bringing out the 700P around June.
    For what it's worth --
    1. Key word "sales" = sales!

2. key phrase "the sales guy who seemed much smarter than any other verizon staff" = is the comparison to the usual indicative of anything impressive? See also "the sales guy I spoke to at Radio Shack seemed very knowledgeable..."

3. key item "700p" = does anyone really care? I'll be long gone from investing in the Palm OS by then...
    There is a high probability that Verizon will be getting the 700P imo. My reasoning is that there have been strong rumors that Sprint will be introducing the Treo 700W in late February or March. It certainly appears that Verizon and Sprint have made a mutual accomodation with one another that benefits all concerned. Sprint gets to sell the 700W earlier than commonly thought, and in return Verizon gets to sell the 700P earlier than what most of thought. No guarantee but I strongly believe this will happen.