1.    #1  
    I don't know if my Treo expenditures are getting out of control, but just reviewing 2005 costs and it looks like I spent at least an additional $500 on software and accessories, without even realizing it. Yikes!!!!
    So were is all this money going... Take a look at this
    Assuming this is mostly software, this would give you pause before jumping to a WM5 Treo 700W !!

What Windows Skin is that?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Yeah, this can be one expensive hobby. Since buying the Treo 700, I've spent approx. an additional $250...memory card, BT headset, and case. I'm guestimating that I'll be looking at another couple of beans for a better case, screen protectors, and travel kit. Add another couple of beans if PPCTechs gets the memory upgrade working. TG bonus time is coming up!!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Paying for things makes me hurt inside
    That's why I'm hoping the 700p will allow me to keep using what I've already purchased.
    Just call me Berd.
    Well, I couldn't hold out any longer. I was hoping the 700p would come out before I had to replace my equips. Just ordered the equips.

I have my share of apps that I've spent money on as well but the one that gets my goat the most is Word Complete (part of Jot Complete) which most of us have lost money on.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Well, I couldn't hold out any longer. I was hoping the 700p would come out before I had to replace my equips. Just ordered the equips.

I have my share of apps that I've spent money on as well but the one that gets my goat the most is Word Complete (part of Jot Complete) which most of us have lost money on.
    Good Luck

I loved that program. . . . . .and they stopped supporting it before making it glitch free on the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    That's why I'm hoping the 700p will allow me to keep using what I've already purchased.
    This same mindset is what has me leaning towards a 700p. I'm not OS-loyal or even form-factor loyal - I just don't want to reinvest in apps!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    This same mindset is what has me leaning towards a 700p. I'm not OS-loyal or even form-factor loyal - I just don't want to reinvest in apps!
    I'm in that group. After day one of my trial, I'm impressed by what WM can do, but disappointed at how poorly it is implemented.

I made a list of all apps and PPC replacements - the major advantages to WM are as I expected:

1) browsing
    2) multimedia
    3) multi-tasking (namely, not resetting when one app goes down)

But that's not worth spending several hundred dollars towards new software costs IMO.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    What Windows Skin is that?

Timmay
    WindiowBlinds or Style XP. WindowBlinds is quite nice, it is the one I use. Check my desktop out.

Got it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NRG; 01/17/2006 at 04:11 PM.
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    I don't know if my Treo expenditures are getting out of control, but just reviewing 2005 costs and it looks like I spent at least an additional $500 on software and accessories, without even realizing it. Yikes!!!!
    So were is all this money going... Take a look at this
    I am in that same boat as you.

Take a look at mine.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    And!!
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts