Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    In last night's show, Jack was downloading "real time" pictures of where the bad guys were located. The Treo screen looked like a green radar. I was hoping for more...oh well, there's always next week!
    Only problem, he didn't have the ringer on silent (vibrate). Every time the picture updated, there was a beep.
    I was bothered by the fact that Jack used a seperate cell phone and his Treo 650 was called a PDA.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    the writers probably realized you couldn't be on the phone and send data at the same time.

:-)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    Only problem, he didn't have the ringer on silent (vibrate). Every time the picture updated, there was a beep.
    Man his screen and keyboard was so bright last night it was creating shadows.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    he would have been dead with all those beeps (i know it was for dramatic effect). and if his screen is as bright as mine, the sniper would have killed him right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoTTyLr
    the writers probably realized you couldn't be on the phone and send data at the same time.
    Yup, it's a Sprint CDMA model.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Yup, it's a Sprint CDMA model.
    At least it was a Windows Treo !
    Sprint has a Windows Treo ?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Sprint has a Windows Treo ?
    OOPS! Meant to say at least it wasn't a Windows Treo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack45208
    Here are some caps of Jack's Treo, prior to blowing up a terrorist. Again, maybe someone w/ some graphics skills could turn this into an image we could use for our wallpaper or some sort of network connection sign-on or sign-off logo.
    I was just re-reading through this thread, so I'm not sure if someone's already addressed this, but here's my attempt. (attached)

Please pardon my poor GraphicsConverter skills...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I was bothered by the fact that Jack used a seperate cell phone and his Treo 650 was called a PDA.
    Or they could have referred to it has Blackberry
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Yeah, I noticed that too. What's up with that? Maybe the director of the show didn't think Jack would look cool talking on a Treo. Maybe when he grabs his phone out of his jacket and flips it open and yells into it, it's more macho. Or maybe, just maybe, CTU didn't pay their Sprint bill since they are being taken over by homeland and all jack can use is his PDA portion of the phone.

Maybe Nina Meyers is working for Sprint and sabotaged all the radios on all the Treo's that CTU employees use.

Actually the real reason is probably because he can't get good coverage with Sprint and his other phone is from Verizon!
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    Yeah, I noticed that too. What's up with that? Maybe the director of the show didn't think Jack would look cool talking on a Treo. Maybe when he grabs his phone out of his jacket and flips it open and yells into it, it's more macho. Or maybe, just maybe, CTU didn't pay their Sprint bill since they are being taken over by homeland and all jack can use is his PDA portion of the phone.

Maybe Nina Meyers is working for Sprint and sabotaged all the radios on all the Treo's that CTU employees use.

Actually the real reason is probably because he can't get good coverage with Sprint and his other phone is from Verizon!

Amazing insights you have there! All very plausible! I too noticed Jack keeps calling it a PDA instead of a Treo.

Casey
    I really thought Cloe would have been in trouble for breaking into the CIA mainframe and getting the Wet List. I guess there wasn't any more space in the Holding Room. (getting a little tight on space in there lately).
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 04/07/2006 at 12:29 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    My treo lights up movie theaters. I know they would have spotted Jack a mile away, as he is walking towards them with his radiated glowing hands

I will not start up with the 87 reasons Sprint works just as well as VZW, I will just point out that the phone Jack did use, in the exact same sequence the Treo first showed up in, was a Sanyo 7400.
    Subsequent episodes have shown him on a Nextel model, and the 7400. In fact, apparently in 24 world, the ONLY phones out there are Sprint/Nextel phones.
    Last edited by DrDoom; 04/07/2006 at 01:00 PM.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    I am hopelessy addicted to two things:

My Treo and my TV. Hopefully I am not the only one...

I was watching CSI: NY this week and Gary Sinise was using a Treo. Anyone else spotted anyone on TV (besides Jack Bauer) using a Treo?
    Last edited by Victoryismine; 04/14/2006 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Typo
    Lois: I guarantee you a MAN made that commercial...

Peter: Of course a man made it Lois. It's a commercial, not a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoryismine
    There are an increasing number of TV shows with characters who use the T650. Jack Bauer on 24 is one, I've seen threads on that before... Anyone else spotted anyone on TV using a Treo?
    Why start another thread if there is already a really long one on the same subject which you've obviously seen?
    <merged?

Need GSM to do data and talk at same time
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast