Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    He'll probably eliminate his next enemy by using the "Sprint Theft Alert" method and beam him in the head.

One of Jack's great line - "We don't have time".
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Jack wasn't using a 650 tonight. What's up.
    Because after seeing the terrorist use a blackberry, he is thinking about switching carriers and hardware.
    The good guys (Jack) use Treos, the bad guys (terrorist) use the BB. (except for my wife-she has a BB as well.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The good guys (Jack) use Treos, the bad guys (terrorist) use the BB. (except for my wife-she has a BB as well.
    A co-worker came in this morning bragging about the BB being on 24 and asked where Jack's treo went. I used the same sentiment with him and told him the bad guys (losers) used the BB while the winners used the treo, jack only made phone calls this week so a bland cell phone would work and the treo was being programmed to add more whoop-a$$ items.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    A co-worker came in this morning bragging about the BB being on 24 and asked where Jack's treo went. I used the same sentiment with him and told him the bad guys (losers) used the BB while the winners used the treo, jack only made phone calls this week so a bland cell phone would work and the treo was being programmed to add more whoop-a$$ items.
    I like that repsonse cardio.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I paused the shot of Jack Bauer holding Treo with my DVR and showed my wife. She looked at me, rolled her eyes, and said, "yes honey, you are so cool."
    I did not do this myself, but the thought occurred to me when I saw it. That's EXACTLY what she would have said if I had gone there though...

Thanks.... I now have my last bite of lunch on my monitor...
    Treo 755P
    LOL! Funny because it's true.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

It's because CTU is upgrading Jack to use Merlyn 3D's 700p !!!! That's what actually happened to it! Palm didn't come after him and reclaim it, it was taken by CTU!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself after getting spun up on all the conspiracy theories that came up in that thread
    Treo 755P
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwalton
    It's because CTU is upgrading Jack to use Merlyn 3D's 700p !!!! That's what actually happened to it! Palm didn't come after him and reclaim it, it was taken by CTU!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself after getting spun up on all the conspiracy theories that came up in that thread
    Makes sense to me. Palm not very scary or tough looking. Now if Jack walks up to you and tells you that you have his new phone, well, no wonder Merlyn no longer has the 700P.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Can someone pm me if they have a copy of the images? For some reason I get a unauthorized referer page when I try to get the images.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterfx
    Hey guys,

Been a lurker for a while now but had to register to post this for you guys if you haven't already heard of it heheh.

CTU ringtone: http://www.ccir.ed.ac.uk/~jad/ringtone.html

CTU wallpaper (not sure if correct size though):

http://uploader.ws/upload/200601/CTU2.jpg

another:

http://uploader.ws/upload/200601/CTU2_1.jpg

edit: for the wallpapers, copy link and paste into a new browser for them to work
    So, I'm sitting at my son's 8th grade basketball game and decide to hop on to Blazer and check out the palm version of the treo central site (treo.treocentral.com). I, too, had seen Jack Bauer using his Treo on '24' the other night, so I was interested in the thread. I just want to say that I never laughed so hard. Unfortunately, my son ususally sits on the bench for his games, but I was so entertained as I sat there reading this entire string. This morning when I came into work I read the whole thing AGAIN!! You guys are all absolutely hillarious...I was in tears this morning...can always count on TC to get a great laugh...and good information to boot! Oh yeah...my question...I thought I was a pretty savvy Treo user but I'm not even sure how to get the CTU ring tones onto my Treo?! I feel stupid. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterfx
    Hey guys,

Been a lurker for a while now but had to register to post this for you guys if you haven't already heard of it heheh.

CTU ringtone: http://www.ccir.ed.ac.uk/~jad/ringtone.html

CTU wallpaper (not sure if correct size though):

http://uploader.ws/upload/200601/CTU2.jpg

another:

http://uploader.ws/upload/200601/CTU2_1.jpg

edit: for the wallpapers, copy link and paste into a new browser for them to work
    The "CTU ring tone" sounds like the ring on a standard AT&T digital desk phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad
    Oh yeah...my question...I thought I was a pretty savvy Treo user but I'm not even sure how to get the CTU ring tones onto my Treo?! I feel stupid. Help!
    There are several versions of the tones -- pick the one you like best. Save it to your desktop's desktop. Email it to your Treo as an attachment. On your Treo, open the attachment and save it in "Sounds." You'll never want to go dark again.
    Yeah, I finally figured it out....didn't realize that any .midi file can be downloaded and used on the Treo, but now I know. Thanks!
    I've tried a couple of times to install the CTU ring tone. Would you mind putting a link to where you downloaded this from and tell me how you did this? I'd love to join the ranks of CTU agents.
    Jack was using his treo again tonight. At the start on the show, someone had said that he had removed his sim card from his phone and they couldn't reach him. (sim card in a Sprint Treo???)
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    damn it... i hope i DVRed it...

damn american choppers...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I like how Jack uploaded his "thumb drive" from the Treo to CTU via an SMS message.

I bet Shadowmite created a special ROM for Jack to be able to do that.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I like how Jack uploaded his "thumb drive" from the Treo to CTU via an SMS message.

I bet Shadowmite created a special ROM for Jack to be able to do that.

Yeah I caught the "thumb drive" reference.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Jack was using his treo again tonight. At the start on the show, someone had said that he had removed his sim card from his phone and they couldn't reach him. (sim card in a Sprint Treo???)
    He had 2 phones at the time, his Sprint Treo and a special edition CTU flip phone of some sort, probably the new ESPN phone. He was talking on the ESPN phone while SMS'ing Chloe the contents of the "thumb drive", 'cause, as you know, you can't use voice and data at the same time. I'm assuming the ESPN phone (even though that uses Sprint's network as well) is the one they thought would have the SIM card in it.

When he popped the "thumb drive" (aka, SD card) into the phone, I turned to my wife and said "Watch, this is when it'll reset and Jack will be screwed."

Seeing him actually lbe able to carry on a conversation on the ESPN phone pretty much convinced my wife that I need one of those too though, so some good came out of the episode.

I'm back!