Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    This is now the second phone i've used that Jack also has. First one was one of the original sprint color flip-phones.

I also remember when CTU used the NR-90v or whatever that gigantic black brick clie was...
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
    Of course during filming, the Treo 700w wasn't available. Who knows, maybe Jack will go into a Verizon store and upgrade to the 700w later in the afternoon and take advantage of EVDO for transferrng his surveillance footages back to CTU faster. Ha ha ha!
    Jack Bauer + Treo ???!! Cool! Photos please!
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Here are some caps of Jack's Treo, prior to blowing up a terrorist. Again, maybe someone w/ some graphics skills could turn this into an image we could use for our wallpaper or some sort of network connection sign-on or sign-off logo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I would love to have that as an app on my 650 - even if it doesn't REALLY detonate terrorists.... anyone palm programmers wanna try writing a simulation of the detonation trigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    A Treo with that sort of functionality? OK- '24' has finally gone too far!

Who else laughed out loud when Jack needed to do a soft reset before he used his Treo?
    I laughed the entire time, especially when he took those amazing pictures from that long distance.
    Which season of 24 are you talking about? 5?
    Season 5, 11 am to 12 noon.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by mc2714
    A Treo with that sort of functionality? OK- '24' has finally gone too far!

Who else laughed out loud when Jack needed to do a soft reset before he used his Treo?
    I was amazed his Treo didn't reset when he tried to send an MMS with it. Mine would've.

I was waiting for the reset tone to give him away.

Palm and Sprint execs must've been wetting themselves last night with excitement.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Being an avid Sprint and 24 fan, I have noticed that all the phones used in the 4 of the 4 seasons of have been Sprint. I think Season 3 or 4 they were using Verizon phones, but I guess the coverage is better in LA for Sprint. I am on my way to work now and I am about to brag to all my fellow 24 lovers who all use blackberry's, I know they were kicking themselves with envy when they saw I can blow up terrosits.
    Last night in Fox' '24,' agent Jack Bauer was using a Sprint Treo 650 to take pictures of the bad guys and email them to the LA office of CTU (Counterterroist Unit). He even used the Treo to detonate one of the 'hostile's' explosives belt.

Did anyone else catch this?

YoungTurk
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Last night in Fox' '24,' agent Jack Bauer was using a Sprint Treo 650 to take pictures of the bad guys and email them to the LA office of CTU (Counterterroist Unit). He even used the Treo to detonate one of the 'hostile's' explosives belt.

YoungTurk
    Yeah baby! He vaporized that terrorist with a Treo 650! I wish I could get mine to do that. My wife says that now I have proof that I have the ultimate gaget.
    Guys, this wasn't a Treo 650. It must be the next Palm OS Treo coming soon. Same case design as the 650, but this one has a better camera, possible Ev-DO, the ability to do a soft reset and ROM update without ending the call you're on, and two radios to support simultaneous phone conversations and data usage. On-the-fly remote changes to the signal frequency would not be made available to end users.

On a serious note...I advocated the idea of dual radios a long time ago and still think it would be a great idea.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk

YoungTurk
    I hope this is from a thread that got merged......
    I'm back!
    Thank you Jack, I've been wondering for over a year what this damned flashing star on my Treo is supposed to do!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I hope this is from a thread that got merged......
    It was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    On a serious note...I advocated the idea of dual radios a long time ago and still think it would be a great idea.
    No need for this. With Cingular s HSPDA network you can do voice and data at the same time! all we need is a treo to support this!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Thank you Jack, I've been wondering for over a year what this damned flashing star on my Treo is supposed to do!
    Good, now you can stop telling people to search, you can tell them to watch 24 instead.

Who knew you could blow up terrorists with that little blinking star though. I always heard it was for missed alerts.
    I'm back!
    Jack: Ok Obrien... I'm sending the photos now! .... S***, Out of memory Error???
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    Jack: Ok Obrien... I'm sending the photos now! .... S***, Out of memory Error???
    ROTFLMAO

Now that is unintentional comedy!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast