Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I rarely venture out of the 650 forum, but I saw this on make (makezine.com) today and had never heard of it before.

With your treo, visit http://www.google.com/gwt/n

You can type in a web address, and google will optimize it for mobile devices, much like skweezer except way better. You can even choose if you want it to load images or not!

Radical. Give me a dollar.
    Yeah, saw this on Palmaddicts yesterday! Works pretty well too!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Sweet................
    I may be missing some of the post in the view. It does not make sense why some post does not show.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 01/14/2006 at 11:53 AM.
    This works great. TitanTV used to take several minutes to load, but now takes less than 30 seconds. Works well with other large websites as well. Thanks for the link.
    awesome!!
    sam-i-am, great find! thanks
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    I rarely venture out of the 650 forum, but I saw this on make (makezine.com) today and had never heard of it before.

With your treo, visit http://www.google.com/gwt/n

You can type in a web address, and google will optimize it for mobile devices, much like skweezer except way better. You can even choose if you want it to load images or not!

Radical. Give me a dollar.
    Regular Google xhtml does this also. if you go to http://www.google.com/xhtml and type in espn.com or to the google skweezer it returns the same page.

when you go to google leave web marked type in espn.com the click the link.

i guess this address (google.com/gwt/n) saves you a step by going straight to the site.

just wondered did everybody know you get the same pages from google xhtml?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    just wondered did everybody know you get the same pages from google xhtml?
    Yep. But I do like the going straight to the page by using http://www.google.com/gwt/n. Faster than Skweezer.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Ver nice!

But sometimes it doesn't work as well as skweezer. For example, if you go to a website, it's almost impossible to find the forum link since google "minimize" the headers.

But all the resized images are awesome. Has anyone tried it on a 320X240 screen? Does google resize all the images to 320 width?

I am replacing half of my skweezer links with this.

And engadget finally works!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7

But all the resized images are awesome. Has anyone tried it on a 320X240 screen? Does google resize all the images to 320 width?
    I tried it on my 240x320 and images were proportionate. But it broke this thread up into 3 pages that I had to view seprately. It also would'nt show a map in yahoo yellow pages.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 01/14/2006 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I tried it on my 249x320 and images were proportionate. But it broke this thread up into 3 pages that I had to view seprately. It also would show a map in yahoo yellow pages.
    What do you mean by proportionate?

I go to this thread on my Treo via google. It shows the whole thread, rightfully so. I think it recognize the Treo but not your phone. If you go to this thread on a PC, it break it into 8 pages.
    Last edited by whatever7; 01/14/2006 at 10:31 AM.
    sam-i-am,

This is a great find. It is helping me out a lot.

Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Well, this is just too spiffy!
    ...Except it doesn't seem to work well with forms on some sites. Like paypal.com and some Yahoo sites where you have to put in a user ID and password; the forms are disabled. Any ideas on getting around that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    sam-i-am,

This is a great find. It is helping me out a lot.

Tks

(ditto)
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    What do you mean by proportionate?
    I thought you were asking about aspect ratio. I guess I didn't understand your question about resizing to 320.

Ya I have PIE as IE 6 on XP (I registry edited Pocket Internet Explorer to tell the web that it is IE 6 on Windows XP) and it shows now 9 pages with one or 2 posts on each page and not much of nothing on some pages. I guess it checks to see if you have a PDA browser.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 01/14/2006 at 10:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Alright I seem to have screwed up. I went to somethingawful thru this site then added it to favorites, but now whenever I type in www.google.com nothing loads and whenever I type in www.google.com/gtw/n somethingawful's main page loads.

Oh deary, deary me.
    I would clear the cache and temp files, reset and try again.
    If you use Hobbyist Software's awesome Genius software for searches, it will route you through the 'squeezed' Google page
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast