1.    #1  
    I wonder now that Bill Gates and Palm are buddies if they would release a Windows Media Player for the Palm OS. Reason I bring this up is there is alot of things that stream but only with WMP. I was trying to stream a Hockey game earlier from NHL.com and it seems that it would only stream to a WMP, which I don't really understand why P tunes wouldn't work as it supports WMA.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    try getting core media player.. that should solve your problem
    Quote Originally Posted by raffles
    try getting core media player.. that should solve your problem

TCPMP doesn't support streaming wmv for palmos. Unfortunately there still is not support for streaming wma/wmv for palmos yet. M$ lisencing costs for 3rd party platforms are apparently very high, but perhaps dev like Normsoft will eventually support streaming wma in the future. However, I seriously doubt a free media player like TCPMP for palmos could ever do that due to costs.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    TCPMP doesn't support streaming wmv for palmos. Unfortunately there still is not support for streaming wma/wmv for palmos yet. M$ lisencing costs for 3rd party platforms are apparently very high, but perhaps dev like Normsoft will eventually support streaming wma in the future. However, I seriously doubt a free media player like TCPMP for palmos could ever do that due to costs.

Yeah, that sounds about right. It's a shame because there is so much content available in WMA. Just think of all the sports I would be able to stream. I though with the Gates Palm relationship this might become more of a reality.