1.    #1  
    THis is from the FCC website regarding the filings on the SD wi-fi card. If you dig into the manufactures data, says it will work with both palm and windows OS.

One interesting thing about this report is the fact the FCC seems to be asking, why did you submit data regarding ViewSonic etc in a Treo request and where do you make it clear that this data pertains to the Treo. They specifically say, give us the exact transmitter set-up you used. Answers are a bit evasive IMO, palm seems to say, "hey we used a lot of different set ups and this is the worst it can get which is below the limits so dont worry" without ever really answering the questions

Also the Chief Palm regulatory engeneer's email is on the filing and, if you dig in the other filings you can find his direct phone number. NOBODY should improperly use this information!

fcc link
    Last edited by midmofan; 01/11/2006 at 06:32 PM.
    Where exactly do you see any mention of the Palm OS? All I see are a Viewsonic and probably the 700w as the test Treo.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    its in the other filings that the maker of the SD card also filed as part of this change request. Does not say which palm version just says that the card will work with Widows and Palm OS and "next generation" devices. All of the screen shots, however, were on a windows device.
    Last edited by midmofan; 01/12/2006 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    its in the other filings that the maker of the SD card also filed as part of this change request. Does not say which palm version just says that the card will work with Widows and Palm OS and "next generation" devices. All of the screen shots, however, were on a windows device.
    Gotcha.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Didn't feel like digging through FCC filings. Thought maybe I was overlooking the obvious in the link.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Gotcha.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Didn't feel like digging through FCC filings. Thought maybe I was overlooking the obvious in the link.
    If you are really motivated, the Treo Wi-Fi card user manual is accessable in PDF format from the FCC site. Its interesting though, it was submitted to the FCC in Oct. 2005, but its dated Oct. 2004. Not sure if its a typo or if it was really sitting around that long

The other thing I get from this is that, in order to allow Wi-Fi on the treo, they needed to get permission from the FCC since it adds a transmitter to the device. Palm apparantly never asked for that permission for the 650.