Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith
    Don't do it!

Eleven Cobalt smartphones are going to be released before the end of 2005. Be patient.
    I thought it was only 7? Have they changed something? Oh yeah, I think they were planning on having 16MB, 32MB and the 64MB "King Kong" models too.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This is your squirrel talking...

Do it Doom! You'll feel better about yourself. Women will want you. Men will drool for you. Your Johnson shall grow another 4 inches. It'll be "Bliss." Go! Go now...
    If this were to happen I'd NEVER get laid!!! They are scared 90% of the time now!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Be careful Doom - remember, that was your squirrel (not your girl) talking.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Be careful Doom - remember, that was your squirrel (not your girl) talking.
    Ouch. I knew somebody would do it, but I didn't think it would be you Strauss. I really didn't.
    It'll be fun.
    We are a team here Doom. We will all patiently wait for the next Treo 700P, then pounce on it as soon as it is released. We need your strength so together we can all resist the Dark Side.

Russell
    Last edited by Fender Doc; 01/13/2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    Microsoft ensures consumer choice ..
    I have to laugh! Microsoft may ensure a few things, but choice certainly isn't one of them...
    Not to worry, Apple's iPhone is probably right around the corner... here's an interesting article about some recent filings they've made:

http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1464

Having read about the problems with the 700w, I'm glad I never considered switching to WM. I can't imagine having to shut down apps so that my phone didn't crash. Fortunately, my 650 rarely crashes these days, thanks to my ever-vigilant quest to get rid of badly-written apps that were causing problems.

I'm surprised to read that anyone still doubts that a new POS Treo will be forthcoming; Colligan spelled it out fairly succinctly, I thought, and I can't imagine Palm not wanting to release a device with EV-DO for Sprint's new EV-DO network. I'm confident that a new model will be announced sometime this spring...
    HI all, I am with Perry, I will wait for Palm version. Sprint keeps saying they are working on thier version of "edge" high speed. So lets see what palm/sprint does. I love all the new toys as soon as they come out and I feel like I am missing something by not having the 700 w. However, I still like the Palm os platform better than windows. so I will wait.

Microsoft may control almost everything. However, their approach is often combersome and inelegant. Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    I have to laugh! Microsoft may ensure a few things, but choice certainly isn't one of them...
    Hey, there's nothing better than buying-out a company under the guise of innovation. I loved (before MS produced a feverish correction) seeing the "track version changes" on their Press Releases and Technical documents, especially the Active Directory introduction for 2000 where they purchased AD from ZoomIt Technologies.

But hey, that's innovation...

Remember, the value of software is directionally proportional to the price you pay, therefor, "free" has to be "crap" else they'd charge for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Ouch. I knew somebody would do it, but I didn't think it would be you Strauss. I really didn't.
    Better a friend than a detractor! Besides, not questioning your current status; but, do you REALLY believe the monkey's promise?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Better a friend than a detractor! Besides, not questioning your current status; but, do you REALLY believe the monkey's promise?
    I believe everything the monkey says! EVERYTHING!!!

It'll be fun.
    Okay, I give -

HAIL TO THE MONK!
    Well if this 700p doesnt have EVDO am off to windows also
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Well if this 700p doesnt have EVDO am off to windows also
    As we all know, I will be greatly crushed if the 700P comes out without EV-DO. However, if this is truly the scenario (and I am not ready to say it is) what if the 700P came out with GPS as a consolation prize? And then the next issue added the EV-DO speed on Palm/Linux to go with the GPS.

If it's just more memory and a 1.3 mega pixel camera, I will pass and wait for whatever the EV-DO PalmOS issue becomes. However, GPS on board might get me thinking. . .

All this is speculation, of course, for:

700P
    EV-DO
    I BELIEVE !!

Cheers, Perry.
    i hope it has both, take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    As we all know, I will be greatly crushed if the 700P comes out without EV-DO. However, if this is truly the scenario (and I am not ready to say it is) what if the 700P came out with GPS as a consolation prize? And then the next issue added the EV-DO speed on Palm/Linux to go with the GPS.

If it's just more memory and a 1.3 mega pixel camera, I will pass and wait for whatever the EV-DO PalmOS issue becomes. However, GPS on board might get me thinking. . .

All this is speculation, of course, for:

700P
    EV-DO

I BELIEVE !!

Cheers, Perry.
    I just don't see myself waiting to QTR 4 for EVDO, heck by then we will be talking about 4G. It's just really sad Samsung and Sanyo that's right Sanyo, whose factory was wiped out by a tsunami was able to answer the EVDO bell and Palm wasn't.

Even having to wait till April or May for a 700w is way behind the industry.

Now I did read and I will look for the article that LINUX smartphone would be available by 2nd, 3rd QTR. The article was very convincing that indeed Palm OS can not support EVDO and there only hope is LINUX.
    I will feel so alone when all my mates go over to WM5.

However, at the moment, I am not tempted: I have my 320x320 screen and all my PalmOS apps I have collected over the years and a zero operational (hardware & software) learning curve. If the 700W had the screen, more memory and GPS -- I just might be willing. . . .maybe.

Cheers, Perry.
    Well, technically I'm not a WM5 user.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

However, at the moment, I am not tempted: I have my 320x320 screen and all my PalmOS apps I have collected over the years and a zero operational (hardware & software) learning curve. If the 700W had the screen, more memory and GPS -- I just might be willing. . . .maybe.

Cheers, Perry.
    I guess if I had years of Palm software piled up I would have a hard time switching to WM also. But I notice you haven't totally ruled out a 700w.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I guess if I had years of Palm software piled up I would have a hard time switching to WM also. But I notice you haven't totally ruled out a 700w.
    If the glee of new ownership outweighs the price and pain of change. . . . .

However the screen resolution on the 700W takes it out of play. Even a 700P with EV-DO would be a non-choice for me if it had a 240x240 screen. I waited out the 600 for a better screen . . . . . just not going backwards on that.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/15/2006 at 08:06 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast