Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Years ago, I chose a Smartphone because I didn't want to carry multiple devices...Started with a Samsung i300...

Well I know have a Treo 650... And a BT headset, AND a GPS receiver, AND a second SD card...

How do you carry all your stuff???
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    I carry a few SD cards, a wireless keyboard, my charger, an extra stero headset for movies, and my snyc cable.
    I must say my wired headset is a pain in the a$$ to carry from my car to work to the house. It usually hangs around my neck from one place to the other. (Look like an *****.) I use to have two and lost one.

Don't have a GPS and have only one card which I keep in the Treo. Can't wait to get a BT device.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have a horizontal leather pouch that clips on (i.e. doesn't have a loop) and I was just thinking that on the back side of the leather case (the side that goes against my body) would be a perfect place to put 1 or even two small slips to add a SD card(s). Of course, I'm by no means a leather worker and I don't plan on messing up my pouch...but I thought this would be a great idea. As for the other stuff, don't have them and probably won't get them.
    I carry my treo in a Nutshell case on my belt. I carry the BT headset on my ear. I keep the GPS receiver in the car, and I have a 1 gb card so I don't need to carry another.
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    I have a horizontal leather pouch that clips on (i.e. doesn't have a loop) and I was just thinking that on the back side of the leather case (the side that goes against my body) would be a perfect place to put 1 or even two small slips to add a SD card(s). Of course, I'm by no means a leather worker and I don't plan on messing up my pouch...but I thought this would be a great idea. As for the other stuff, don't have them and probably won't get them.
    Geek Alert
    I have the horizontal belt clip pouch from Palm. I have fashioned a "pouch" to hold my 3 SD cards at the antenna end of the pouch. The depth of the case at this point is perfect and the ribs of the leather pouch create depth for this SD card pouch. Sorry people, I used electrical tape to "create" the 4th wall of this pouch. I put a layer of tape on the inside of this created pouch to cover the sticky side of the outside layer. While the Treo is in the belt clip, the antenna hanging over the top of this pouch keeps the SD cards from popping out. A piece of sewn in black elastic fabric would be the perfect solution here, instead of my field engineering. I also cut down the other end so I could slip the Treo in and out of the pouch without having to unplug my music ear buds.
    Geek Alert ended.

I carry the earphones in my coat pocket, my spare battery is in the car with the charger. And my BT earpiece is the Treo (kept in the car), so I do not need extra charger for that, as well

4 SD cards =
    2GB in the Treo for music and data
    1GB in the pouch for videos
    Road Atlas SD in pouch -- carry over from PDA days, 4 years old.
    Britannica Concise Encyclopedia SD -- carry over from PDA days, 4 years old.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/11/2006 at 07:59 AM.
    Wow... I have a BT headset that stays in the car because I never use it. I have a car charger which stays in the car. My 650 has a 1GB SD card which stays inside it. That would be it. No clip just front pocket.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    i'm a minimalist. i only carry the phone, the sd card inside it, and the wired ear bud.

no case, no contraptions, no extra junk.

it's the only way to fly.
    two words -- man purse!

Me, I bareback it in my front pocket (w/ screen protector). Leave my bt headset in the car and only take the gps when I plan on using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    Wow... I have a BT headset that stays in the car because I never use it. I have a car charger which stays in the car. My 650 has a 1GB SD card which stays inside it. That would be it. No clip just front pocket.
    Ditto.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM
    Of course, I'm by no means a leather worker and I don't plan on messing up my pouch...but I thought this would be a great idea. As for the other stuff, don't have them and probably won't get them.
    One trip to a shoe maker should solve that for you...what can that cost? $10??
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    I carry my treo in a Nutshell case on my belt. I carry the BT headset on my ear. I keep the GPS receiver in the car, and I have a 1 gb card so I don't need to carry another.
    Leaving the GPS recv'r in the car isn't an option in the north-east. LithIon batteries hate the cold!! Not in issue for you I suppose...

Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    [B]
    Road Atlas SD in pouch -- carry over from PDA days, 4 years old.
    Britannica Concise Encyclopedia SD -- carry over from PDA days, 4 years old.
    hhhmmm...no GPS? tsk, tsk....for shame....
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    two words -- man purse!

Me, I bareback it in my front pocket (w/ screen protector). Leave my bt headset in the car and only take the gps when I plan on using it.
    I am a "pocket player" as well... Sena leather skin with no belt clip, One 2Gb SD card and a tiny Scala Cardo 500 BT headset... but the GPS... The purpose of it is to get me out of trouble...I wish I knew in advance when I was going to need it! I wouldn't leave the house in the first place!!
    Technology Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    two words -- man purse!

Only way to go But I also carry A LOT of extra stuff with me, Treo related or not... Maxpedition FatBoy Versipack (and M1 pouch, Mini Rollypoly, and CP-L (for when my Treo's in it's Speck ToughSkin case))... I carry two spare 1800mAh batteries (Seidio 2200 in device), one Seidio sync/charge retractable, Boxwave Versacharger, bt headset, wired headset, 2.5/3.5 adapter, Seidio battery charger and USB cable, bt dongle, and sd card reader.

Add to that my iPod 20G, 2 Shuffles, Sony SRS-T33 speakers, charger, retract cable, 2 earbuds, camera, spare rechargable AA/AAA batteries, two mini maglites, mag headstraps, lens kit, LED flashlight, leatherman wave, bitkit, 911 poncho, 911 space blanket, potable aqua tabs, mini 911 kit, Ti Spork, jet lighter, magnesium fire starter, two battery powered light sticks, advil, lotion, lip medex, spare contacts, spare goggle lenses (diff colors), denture cleaning tablets (for the nalgenes), and a Fisher Space Pen... Though once I get my 2G sd card, I /may/ leave the iPods at home...

If I'm not using the Speck case, I've got the Treo in my front pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by bananachunks
    Only way to go But I also carry A LOT of extra stuff with me, Treo related or not... Maxpedition FatBoy Versipack (and M1 pouch, Mini Rollypoly, and CP-L (for when my Treo's in it's Speck ToughSkin case))... I carry two spare 1800mAh batteries (Seidio 2200 in device), one Seidio sync/charge retractable, Boxwave Versacharger, bt headset, wired headset, 2.5/3.5 adapter, Seidio battery charger and USB cable, bt dongle, and sd card reader.

Add to that my iPod 20G, 2 Shuffles, Sony SRS-T33 speakers, charger, retract cable, 2 earbuds, camera, spare rechargable AA/AAA batteries, two mini maglites, mag headstraps, lens kit, LED flashlight, leatherman wave, bitkit, 911 poncho, 911 space blanket, potable aqua tabs, mini 911 kit, Ti Spork, jet lighter, magnesium fire starter, two battery powered light sticks, advil, lotion, lip medex, spare contacts, spare goggle lenses (diff colors), denture cleaning tablets (for the nalgenes), and a Fisher Space Pen... Though once I get my 2G sd card, I /may/ leave the iPods at home...

just wow.

I've got the EB slipper and it's got a spare SD cardslot hidden inside the flip cover. I can't see carrying the GPS for normal use so that would stay in the car. I keep my BT headset in my front shirt pocket at work and on the rear-view mirror lanyard in the car.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

I no longer think I have a problem....
    Technology Rules!

well, you'll be ready for WWIII.
    I don't use BT earbud, it basically defeat the purpose of a convergence device. That and it makes you look like a freak Trekkie.

As for GPS receiver, it's in my car. What's the point of carrying it.

I'd got a 2GB card in my Treo, shame it can't use a bigger one.

Friends don't let friends use man purse!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast