Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't understand what all the complaints about the 650 are about. I bought my 650 shortly after it was released and have had absolutely no problems with it. I run Chatter, ptunes, tcpmp, isilo, Pocket Bible and Daily Reader and still have 12MB of memory left. I never freeze up and the phone never reboots. I literally use my phone all day long and it works flawlessly. The main feature that will cause me to upgrade to either a 700w or 700p is EVDO. If I had that on my 650, I wouldn't even think about upgrading. It's just amaaing to me all of the problems folks have, it's like we're using completely different phones .
    Dear Palm Customers,

Thank you for your letters. It's good to know that even though we ran this company into the ground through incompetence, you still care enough to write.

Let me make our perspective clear:

We think you should shut up and keep buying our products. Period. Save the drama for your mama.

The Treo is the only good device we have, and the rest are crap - but buy them damnit! We need to make our bonuses!

Of course, it doesn't help that we run a 8 year old OS on a new device, but hey, if we were to invest in something stable, it might mean success, and we can't have that.

We tried with Cobalt, but after two years, no one would put in on a device. Maybe the fact that we never even put it on our own devices was a telltale sign that it twas turd-on-a-stick.

But hey, we sold that off to some suckers in Asia, so out of sight, out of mind.

Of course, including Windows Media 5 was a no-brainer - we need more money, and people were getting wise that Garnet sucks worse that a broken sump pump.

So in conclusion, keep buying! We could care less about the instability...just keep buying until the buy-out comes and we cash-out.
    Dear Palm,
    Thanks for the letter. I now have more WM5 phones than Palm OS phones. Thank you for being slow in releasing Palm OS phones with up-to-date features. That's why I-mate and others are kicking your *** all over the world. They have sense enough to include big updates when they announce a new model, instead of little ones. What is with the minor updates on the supposed 700p?

Yours truly,
    Treo fan who's getting pissed off.

J/K like the above poster, but that's how I feel sometimes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    8 year old OS
    Yeah, and Unix is almost 30 and I don't even want to think about how old OS/390 is.

Age doesn't mean squat with a real OS.

Be interesting to see what a Linux-based Treo is like, though.

By the way, I also like my Treo and have no complaints about it.

Tom
    Last edited by VetPsychWars; 02/13/2006 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Additional info
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    [COLOR=Red]That's why I-mate and others are kicking your *** all over the world.
    Palm still ships more than twice as many handhelds as its nearest competitor.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/02..._fall_in_2005/

"Palm maintained its position as the worldwide leader within the handheld device market and it currently has 45.6 per cent market share, more than double that of its nearest competitor, HP.

HP also saw a sharp rise in sales during the last quarter of the year. Shipments were up 16.9 per cent from the third quarter, but were down 33.1 per cent year-over-year. Despite the decline in sales, the company remains the clear number two vendor in the market with 20.8 per cent.

Dell muscled its way into the third spot in the top five handheld device vendors during the fourth quarter due to a 10.2 per cent rise in sales. However, yearly shipment volumes were down 9.2 per cent.

Dell now has eight per cent market share although its position is seen to be insecure given that Acer shipped just 50,000 units less during the final three months of the year. Acer slipped into fourth place on the vendor list due to a 33.1 per cent decrease in sales during the fourth quarter. However, yearly shipments were up by 110.4 per cent and it currently has 5.7 per cent market share.

Rounding out the top five handheld device manufacturers is Medion. The German firm saw shipments rise by a whopping 287.9 per cent during the fourth quarter, the largest sequential increase of any of the top five vendors. However, shipments decreased 15.7 per cent year-over-year and it now has 4.3 per cent market share."
    I dont understand all the problems myself. I have been with the palm platform for a while and havent had any problems with my 650 so far, except volume, which volumecare took care of.

I have a Sprint 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter-BKK
    A follow up on my "ultimatum" to Palm:

Seems like they knew about the problems many users were having with freezes, crashes and slow-downs. Two weeks ago, I installed the new firmware / software upgrade (1.17/1.20 LAP). Since then, the phone has worked perfectly (touch wood).

Now, it is too early to say that it is fault-free as some of the problems did not manifest themselves very often. But, if it continues on this trajectory, it may be that Palm has pulled me back from the brink.

Regards
    Peter

Yawn. Please read my earlier posts.

If you were a doonesbury cartoon you would be represented by a "waffle"
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Palm still ships more than twice as many handhelds as its nearest competitor.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/02..._fall_in_2005/

"Palm maintained its position as the worldwide leader within the handheld device market and it currently has 45.6 per cent market share, more than double that of its nearest competitor, HP.

HP also saw a sharp rise in sales during the last quarter of the year. Shipments were up 16.9 per cent from the third quarter, but were down 33.1 per cent year-over-year. Despite the decline in sales, the company remains the clear number two vendor in the market with 20.8 per cent.

Dell muscled its way into the third spot in the top five handheld device vendors during the fourth quarter due to a 10.2 per cent rise in sales. However, yearly shipment volumes were down 9.2 per cent.

Dell now has eight per cent market share although its position is seen to be insecure given that Acer shipped just 50,000 units less during the final three months of the year. Acer slipped into fourth place on the vendor list due to a 33.1 per cent decrease in sales during the fourth quarter. However, yearly shipments were up by 110.4 per cent and it currently has 5.7 per cent market share.

Rounding out the top five handheld device manufacturers is Medion. The German firm saw shipments rise by a whopping 287.9 per cent during the fourth quarter, the largest sequential increase of any of the top five vendors. However, shipments decreased 15.7 per cent year-over-year and it now has 4.3 per cent market share."
    Doesn't "handhelds" mean PDAs too? I mean PHONES only. The Treo is barely sold on overseas sites.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    Yeah, and Unix is almost 30 and I don't even want to think about how old OS/390 is.

Age doesn't mean squat with a real OS.

Be interesting to see what a Linux-based Treo is like, though.

By the way, I also like my Treo and have no complaints about it.

Tom
    I like my Treo too, but that doesn't change the fact that the OS is woefully inadequate.

Age does matter in OS (I can't believe you said that with a straight face; thr Unix run 30 years ago, and what is run now, are quite different), as the OS needs to run on modern hardware and use modern peripherals that users demand.

Garnet just can't hack it. Period. Cobalt would've been nice, but they had it out for TWO years and no one implemented it on a device. (unheard of in the industry; it would be like MS making Windows 2000 and just having it sit around for two years.)
    I heard XP is repackaged 2000. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    So in conclusion, keep buying! We could care less about the instability...just keep buying until the buy-out comes and we cash-out.
    What's pathetic is how close to the truth this is. Ed and Jeff and Donna found a sucker in Todd Bradley when he overpaid for Handspring and allowed them to take over, and now they're looking to get another sucker to secure their great great great great grandchildren's retirement.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    You could say that...

They gave it a Fisher-Price theme
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    XP = Xtra Painful Edition

I have 9 PC's, two running XP....the XP boxes give me more headaches than all others put together. Problem is for the kiddies boxes, most new games are XP only.

In my office, the only box that gives me no trouble at all is an NT4 box which, belive it or not, is our fastest AutoCAD box .... as much due to the low overhead as the SCSI hard drives so can't blame it all on XP.
    For me, XP is light years better than anything from M$ I've ever had on PC or notebook. Radical stability improvement over previous OSes and pleasant to the eyes as well. JMO.
    Patrick Horne
    I find all the "eye candy" distracting.....and with Vista we have to waste more hardware resources on 3D dialog boxes. PC Mag answered a LTTE quetsion about using the on board video in his new box. Answer was , 3D accelerator card not needed with XP but , based upon their beta experience, definitely will want 3D card if running Vista.

My biggest beef is that with each release they remove more control from the user, make it harder to disable crap we don't want (like IE, WMP etc) and make it almost impossible to troubleshoot a machine. The answer to every TS problem is now "reinstall the OS".

I'd have to agree that for the novice / light user, XP is world's ahead, but for the knowledgeable user, it just puts too many stumbling boxes in your way.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123