1.    #1  
    Last week I bought a 650 and switched my service to Verizon. At the time the manager of the store offered to upgrade me to the 700W when it became available for the difference in price. When I went in to check out the 700W today, I told him I was such an entrenched Palm user that I didn't think the Windows unit would work for me. He told me that he could special order a 700P for me if I'd prefer it! He told me the pricing was the same as for the Windows version. We were both too busy to get into details today, so I'm calling him tomorrow to see if he can give me the specs. When I got home I double checked all the usual gadget blogs and couldn't find mention of the 700P being available anywhere. Did I just step into the twilight zone or has anyone else heard of this?
    More likely you stepped into the Verizon Wireless clueless zone. My initial hunch is that he doesn't know what he's talking about. But as always, I'd be happy to be proven wrong. If you get more concrete info, please keep us informed.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    EXTREMELY unlikely. Palm would not release the 700p through Verizon unless their intention was to completely **** off the other carriers (namely Sprint). Like Scott said...prove me wrong, but I'd bet heavily against this being true.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    EXTREMELY unlikely. Palm would not release the 700p through Verizon unless their intention was to completely **** off the other carriers (namely Sprint). Like Scott said...prove me wrong, but I'd bet heavily against this being true.
    More likely you have an early April Fool's post from someone with exactly 1 post to their name.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Of course, he said he would special order it, didn't say when it would arrive!
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/09/2006 at 11:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midoris
    Last week I bought a 650 and switched my service to Verizon. At the time the manager of the store offered to upgrade me to the 700W when it became available for the difference in price. When I went in to check out the 700W today, I told him I was such an entrenched Palm user that I didn't think the Windows unit would work for me. He told me that he could special order a 700P for me if I'd prefer it! He told me the pricing was the same as for the Windows version. We were both too busy to get into details today, so I'm calling him tomorrow to see if he can give me the specs. When I got home I double checked all the usual gadget blogs and couldn't find mention of the 700P being available anywhere. Did I just step into the twilight zone or has anyone else heard of this?
    Hmmm, you are interested in staying with Palm, you were offered to have a non-available device special ordered for you and you did not have time to go into details. Does anyone else smell that strangely familiar fishy smell?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"