1.    #1  
    I get the same message every time my Treo restarts itself. Seems to happen when I remove it from the charger, either in the car (ProClip) or at home from the desktop cradle (Palm brand). Sometimes going from Solitaire to the home screen will do it as well but not often. Here's the message:

A crash occurred on
    12/4/05 at 2:04 pm
    while running
    "Applications":

HALRadioAcDc.c,
    Linne:441, Host wake not
    asserted in time

Is this a hardware issue? Or is a piece of software causing havoc internally? Enquiring minds want to know!
    Hardware issue. Exchange the treo under warranty.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    That's what I was afraid of. Unfortunatley, the store where I bought it is gone. Closed and moved away. Do you think Palm would do an exchange?
    They should. Unless you bought it from T-Mobile in which case they will.

If it is unlocked GSM, contact Palm.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5.    #5  
    The background is that I started getting crashes/resets when disconnecting from any charging source. I was afraid it was hardware-related instead of software because I had not added any new programs in the last 6 months. In fact I had just pared down my software to the programs I considered essential (like Directory Assistant). With instability creeping back into my Treo and no new software to blame it on, I feared the worst.

The solution is something I always suggest to others with problems like this, but had somehow forgotten myself. See, I'm in the habit of switching phones as my mood dictates. I always keep a piece of paper behind my SIM card in the SIM tray. It has helped with exactly this kind of instability in many Treo 650's, mine included. But with switching phones I guess I had forgotten to replace the paper shim last time around. I put a folded piece of a Post-It note behind my SIM card, trimmed to the same size as the SIM itself, and violá! Solid as a rock once again, and the love affair continues....