1.    #1  
    I can no longer Hotsync my Treo600 because my cable is damaged so I was wondering if it was possible to backup my phone to an SD card. Are there any freeware/shareware programs available?
    The popular backup programs for Treo 650 should work on the 600, I suppose ...

Resco Explorer (backups are fine but cannot be scheduled)
    Resco Backup
    Backup Buddy VFS
    Backupman
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Backupman works great on the 600 scheduled backups and multiple copies.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I'm a BackupMan fan as well. Have it do its thing 3 am each morning. I think it was $10. It has save me lots of trouble.
    Give it a go.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    The popular backup programs for Treo 650 should work on the 600, I suppose ...

Resco Explorer (backups are fine but cannot be scheduled)
    Resco Backup
    Backup Buddy VFS
    Backupman
    I have been struggling with BackupMan on the 650...worked great on my 600, for years. But on the 650 I get an error message "not enough space left on the volume" when I have 52% of internal memory free and 1Gb of a 2Gb SD card free...

I have also tried PC Commander...a great app overall, but I can't get the sceduled back-up to work...
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    I prefer Resco Explorer. Based on that, I'm confident that Resco Backup will be equally good.

Even though I bought BBVFS, I'm debating whether to bother installing it on my Treo (that I'm re-building slowly after a hard reset).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    I have been struggling with BackupMan on the 650...worked great on my 600, for years. But on the 650 I get an error message "not enough space left on the volume" when I have 52% of internal memory free and 1Gb of a 2Gb SD card free...
    Sounds like you are using an older version of Backupman... go to the site and look for the one specific to the treo 650, also make sure you are running the latest firmware on your 650.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Sounds like you are using an older version of Backupman... go to the site and look for the one specific to the treo 650, also make sure you are running the latest firmware on your 650.
    I am using the previous version...and will upgrade it and try again...however, It did work once or twice on the 600... and I still can't get PC Commander to do an automated backup either.

Seems like it works to do one backup and the it's ineffective..

As fars as the firmware update....
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Even though I bought BBVFS, I'm debating whether to bother installing it on my Treo (that I'm re-building slowly after a hard reset).
    Newer 3.2.15 version out (early December, if memory serves)....note won't read older files.
    I was using 3.2.15 before. The point is, Resco Explorer backups/restores are reliable. So why waste RAM with a second (actually, 3rd if you include Hotsync) backup solution?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I was not familiar with the product and looking at the web site said nothing about the version (2.50) in Backup Explorer backing up to the card....tho when I went back and looked at the screen shot the card is indicated as the target. It differs however from the Resco Backup program which available as a separate solution (Version 1.0) in that:

-You can back up on a schedule
    -You can exclude items

If you wanted those features, a 2nd program would be required. In addition, one might want a 3rd backup solution such as Northglides which does incremental backups immediately. If you schedule a backup every 24 hours and go on a trip to meet new clients, add all their names and contact info to your Treo that afternoon and then your contacts info gets mucked up before the backup runs, you lose that info. With the Northglide solution changes to databases are backup instantaneously as soon as they are made.

I have been watching Resco Explorer climb up the popularity charts over at TrackerDog's Top 100 and have been meaning to give it a whirl.