1.    #1  
    Hi everybody...

I just bought me a Treo 650 in HK before Xmas. As I am a native German speaker, I wonder how I can change the sytem software to German. The software installed ist only Chinese and English.

I got a CD set from another Treo user with the German files on. But it will not overwrite the files due to not matching versions.

Is there any way to clear al system software and just start from scratch?

thanx in advance
    denon
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Is this a Unlocked GSM? If so....
    - apply the original official oppgrade from palm.com - Palm official fw/sw upgrade

If the installation fail - you may have to apply an unofficial fw/sw version. Than use 1.23 SD version. It will start by insertion of the SD card. Search the forum for it and it's instructions.
    - after accomplished downgrading - apply the official patch above....

Have fun...!
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Is this a Unlocked GSM? If so....
    it is...

- apply the original official oppgrade from palm.com - Palm official fw/sw upgrade
    tried that already...

If the installation fail -
    it does...

you may have to apply an unofficial fw/sw version. Than use 1.23 SD version. It will start by insertion of the SD card. Search the forum for it and it's instructions.
    can't find it... anyone here to give me some links for the SD 1.23 version and any "how-to" would be great...

- after accomplished downgrading - apply the official patch above....

Have fun...!
    well... later then
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    http://rapidshare.de/files/7194367/T...fw123.zip.html

Use an empty SD card - you may want to format the card using CardInfo on the Treo.
    Unzip the downloaded file once (don't be tempted to unzip the content after unzipped once...!!!), and copy the unzipped files and directories to the /PALM/ folder on the card (not to the root of the card)

Than - insert the SDcard into your (newly Hard Reset) Treo (which is fully charged) - and follow onscreen instructions.

Afterwards - go for the official Palm update
    Last edited by jorang; 01/06/2006 at 07:57 AM.
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  5.    #5  
    ok... did it...

but now i am in big trouble...

the Treo is resetting all the time...

the palmone loading bar appears, then the palm powerded screen appears and then: reset... and again, and again, and again...

what can i do now?

denon
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Have you removed the SD-card after a successfull update? Check your PM - soon
    JoranG
  7.    #7  
    Have you removed the SD-card after a successfull update? Check your PM - soon
    ok did a rstet (the one were you need at least 4 hands) and did the procedure again...

and it works...

have many thanks jorang... now i will dive even deeper into treoing... especieally in syncing with mac... and not with palm desktop...

again: thanks...
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Fine - this is what TC is all about - isn't it
    JoranG