1.    #1  
    Help I can't seem to get my out going mail to work on my treo 600 Sprint PCS.

I called tech support and they don't even know what I am talking about.

I can get my e-mail to come in xxx@cfl.rr.com POP3 ect....

but nothing can go out... HELP..... I just need some clarification on set up..

Thanks
    Based on your email address; which is RoadRunner, you wont be able to use it for outgoing mail. RR prohibits relaying on their SMTP servers. You are going to have to change ypour outgoing mail server to smtp.sprintpcs.com
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Based on your email address; which is RoadRunner, you wont be able to use it for outgoing mail. RR prohibits relaying on their SMTP servers. You are going to have to change ypour outgoing mail server to smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Do I need to put any other settings in under the advanced tab? Thanks for your help
    Under Outgoing Server Settings:

You will need your sprint username and password.

ESMTP should be checked,
    port number is 25?

Your mail will still look like it came from you at RoadRunner, it is just being sent from your Treo out thru the Sprint server.

Cheers, Perry.
  5.    #5  
    My apologzies I don't seem to have an ESMTP place to check mark on my advaced tab on my treo 600 nor do I have a place top assign a port number. Is this on my phone or at sprintpcs.com? (sorry for the confusion)
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGHOLTZ
    My apologzies I don't seem to have an ESMTP place to check mark on my advaced tab on my treo 600 nor do I have a place top assign a port number. Is this on my phone or at sprintpcs.com? (sorry for the confusion)
    Sorry, I was looking at my 650 VersaMail screens. When I tap Advanced, I go to an incoming settings screen and then done and then a Outgoing settings screen.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for your help... any other ideas? HELP...
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGHOLTZ
    Thanks for your help... any other ideas? HELP...
    They gave you the answer.

use smtp.sprintpcs.com as your server
    just enter the appropriate fields into you email client:

user or login name (do not include the @sprintpcs part)
    password
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Was not a 600 user, can you describe the screens you are being presented with to set the outgoing server for this particular email account?