1.    #1  
    Sprint service in my house recently collapsed so I need to switch to Verizon.
    My 4th 650 in a year recently had a classic hardware problem - I can no longer use the headset (my lifeline to the world) as the jack inside the phone has come loose (again). Seems the in-store repair doesn't work. So I face another 10 days or so to get a reconditioned model.
    I also have synching problems - contacts replicate on synch without necessarily copying over all the new ones. Tedious hours of deletion...

Overall, I'm fed up. All I want from my phone is:
    - a phone with reliable service (dual band incl analog would be even better)
    - something where the headset jack is robust and always works
    - a contacts list that will synch with Outlook
    - appointments that will synch with Outlook
    - decent battery length and/or ability to switch batter
    Nice to have, is:
    - a camera

I bought the 650 thinking it would satisfy these needs, but I have found for me it doesn't. Moving to Verizon gives me the opportunity for a new choice of phones. Is there a known robust reliable phone which also synchs with Outlook I should consider? It doesn't have to be a "smart" phone necessarily, so long as contacts and appointments will synch...

Please reply folks, I'm at my wits' end... Thanks!
    Treo 700W?
  3.    #3  
    Do we have any evidence the headset jack has been redesigned? How to find out this?
    Actually I was kidding a little bit. I don't know anything about the 700W. I just figured it would be last on your list since you seem so unhappy with the 650.
    On another note, I take it you ride a 'Busa? Have an '04 LE myself. No better ride out there!
    I think you'd get more info from a verizon tech if your asking in general about phones. I do know that many phones don't sync with contacts and calendar out of the box but can be made to do so with the purchase of a data cable and the right software.
    GSM would hep the battery life issue, I charge My Treo once a week. I wasn't impressed by the 700w's review here:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/735-1.htm

For me the puny 240 x 240 screen kills it from further consideration. Close on its heels tho is the limited 5 way support, poor phone screen interface. EV-DO and the other improvements aren't enuff 4 me to overcome these shortcomings.

So in the Treo world that leave's the 650. You can start here for Sasha Segan's take on the various 650 offerigs.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1757456,00.asp
    if your having problems with the headset jack, switch to a bluetooth headset. the best one for the treo is the plantronics 640.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydoc1
    Actually I was kidding a little bit. I don't know anything about the 700W. I just figured it would be last on your list since you seem so unhappy with the 650.
    On another note, I take it you ride a 'Busa? Have an '04 LE myself. No better ride out there!
    sick bikes....
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Yes yes yes. I haven't found anything more fun to ride with my clothes on!