Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    my only complaint is volume and I REALLY don't want to buy VC because I know as soon as I send the $, the update will be released the next day.
    dood, if yoy buy VC and that makes palm fix the volume issue the very next day, i'll freeken paypal you your money back myself!!!

Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    Hi all, My big hope is that firm ware upgrade/update will help prevent the 650 from being so touchy on the issue of reseting. (BTW mine is from Sprint)

Other than that I love the 650. I am very interesting to seeing the other 3 upcoming models. Hollywood is supposed to be much thiner or folding or pullout keyboard. Only time will tell. In the mean time all you have a great weekend. I sure intend to, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    I'd like my keyguard to actually be a keyguard and disable all buttons except power.
    Try StayOff to make keyguard work this way.
    I wrote this app you can download from http://www.rgps.com

I havn't updated StayOff for the treo yet but try setting it up with note pad unselected. note pad corresponds to the power button on the treo.

by not selecting notepad it will allow the power button to wake the device with guard still active. the other buttons will be blocked. I am trying this configuration now and it works. I will updte the app to make a treo specific version available if it works out and others like the idea.

if any questions post here or use the support page at rgps.com and i'll get back to you.

I didn't realize folks didn't find key guard good enough or I would have looked into this sooner.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    btw if you forget to uncheck notepad stayoff will prevent the device from waking. just do a soft reset and disable when it asks if you want to reenable
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    Well, I hope the 650 community isn't abandoned for the upcoming 700p interests. :/
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rgps
    Try StayOff to make keyguard work this way.
    I wrote this app you can download from http://www.rgps.com

I havn't updated StayOff for the treo yet but try setting it up with note pad unselected. note pad corresponds to the power button on the treo.

by not selecting notepad it will allow the power button to wake the device with guard still active. the other buttons will be blocked. I am trying this configuration now and it works. I will updte the app to make a treo specific version available if it works out and others like the idea.

if any questions post here or use the support page at rgps.com and i'll get back to you.

I didn't realize folks didn't find key guard good enough or I would have looked into this sooner.
    Thanks but I have never been able to get this to work on my Treo.
    Hmm new firmware....could hope for Cobalt but I think that officially vaporized with the palmsource sale.

so no one has brought up cingular and ptt lately....
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    where the heck is this new firmware. My treo is freezing and not turning on, resetting a lot.
    I was seriously considering the HTC wizard aka qtek 9100 since i have seen it with a friend.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    so no one has brought up cingular and ptt lately....
    This is what I am hoping for. Since it's an across the board update though, I have little hope.
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    Not sure if this was said already:

Might the new firmware have to do with location based services - so they can sell us cell GPS services for $10/mo like nextel's telenav?
    I think this firmware is a peace offering from Palm for there inability to spit out a EVDO 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I think this firmware is a peace offering from Palm for there inability to spit out a EVDO 700p.
    That's what I was thinking too. My take is that the 700p will come out at the end of the year. So in the mean time the firmware will keep us busy.

Al
    so will this update apply to all carriers also? I.E. Verizon, Cingular, etc.

Also, whats BB connect? And OWA? Sorry for the confusion, can't seem to get any answers in other threads.

Cheers!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    BB connect = BlackBerry Connect: This would allow a Treo to communicate directly with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server and store contacts, tasks, email & calendar items (from Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino or Novell Groupwise) in the Palm databases for those items.

OWA = Outlook Web Access: This is the web based version of Microsoft Outlook that comes as a feature in Microsoft Exchange. Let's you log in to Exchange from any internet connected computer, accessing your Inbox and other folders in an Outlook style web interface.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Still waiting fro the NEW firmware!!!! I thought there was someone on the board that worked for Palm and last time he gave us the heads up on the new firmware!!!! He has not replied to this thread!!!! Is this speculative???
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Thanks but I have never been able to get this to work on my Treo.
    twitch3, Are you using StayOffHack or StayOff ? You should be using StayOff.
    Just select DateBook, ToDo, Addressbook and of course Enable. Everything else can be unchecked. You can optionally select to allow the device to wake when charging. The "Wake Button" feature doesn't work right on the Treo which I have to look into.

Feel free to send me a private message or submit a request for support at rgps.com. I have it working fine on my 650.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusinG35
    Still waiting fro the NEW firmware!!!! I thought there was someone on the board that worked for Palm and last time he gave us the heads up on the new firmware!!!! He has not replied to this thread!!!! Is this speculative???
    darklord?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Would a firmware upgrade be necessary just to add software (Blackberry Connect)? This leads me to believe the upgrade will be BT 1.2, if it doesn't require new hardware...
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    darklord?
    Perhaps he bought a Windows Mobile Phone and left the discussion ?
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard
    Would a firmware upgrade be necessary just to add software (Blackberry Connect)? This leads me to believe the upgrade will be BT 1.2, if it doesn't require new hardware...
    My understanding is that BT 1.2 uses different hardware from 1.1, though it is backwards compatible.

Rumor has it that the 650 has 1.2 hardware, but I don't really know if that's true.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast