Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 112
  1. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
       #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Check out Pocket Protector, from Geakware:

    http://www.geakware.com/pocketprotector/

    I use it, have disabled the stupid no-Keyguard that Palm supplies, and am very happy with it. Note that the "Power" button referred to doesn't exist on a 650, so make sure you don't set all 4 hard buttons to "off."
    Thanks, but I've tried this one and a few others and they don't seem to like my Treo.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    Hey folks, reason for a major update is probably a carrier request due to the 700p (not 700w). In order to streamline service and support calls for carrier IT folks, it would make sense that after or when a 700p release happens, that there would be a major update to the 650 to bring it in line with the software (not hardware) of the 700 lineup.

    My guess on features:
    BB Connect
    updated VersaMail (again)
    updated Blazer (probably last update for that)
    possible removal of RealPlayer from the ROM for PocketTunes
    updated calendar and contacts
    updated BT, but not 1.2 as the hardware needs to support it and doesnt
    faster data transmission speeds all arorund due to modem optimizations (EDGE and 1xRTT will both gain faster boost speeds from this, but still not HSDPA or EVDO speeds by any means)
    updated messaging client
    possible today page (moreso than the agenda view in data book, maybe more customizable)

    Those are my guesses. But probably pretty close.
    I personally also expect this update to make it PalmOS 5.5 not 5.4.10 as would be the next in line since 5.4.9 is already the T5 update.
    Nice list...from your lips to Palm's ears
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    Hey folks, reason for a major update is probably a carrier request due to the 700p (not 700w). In order to streamline service and support calls for carrier IT folks, it would make sense that after or when a 700p release happens, that there would be a major update to the 650 to bring it in line with the software (not hardware) of the 700 lineup.

    My guess on features:
    BB Connect
    updated VersaMail (again)
    updated Blazer (probably last update for that)
    possible removal of RealPlayer from the ROM for PocketTunes
    updated calendar and contacts
    updated BT, but not 1.2 as the hardware needs to support it and doesnt
    faster data transmission speeds all arorund due to modem optimizations (EDGE and 1xRTT will both gain faster boost speeds from this, but still not HSDPA or EVDO speeds by any means)
    updated messaging client
    possible today page (moreso than the agenda view in data book, maybe more customizable)

    Those are my guesses. But probably pretty close.
    I personally also expect this update to make it PalmOS 5.5 not 5.4.10 as would be the next in line since 5.4.9 is already the T5 update.

    That ISSSSSSSS a NICE list but I dont see you mentioning FAT32. Hazzard a guess if you think that will be included as well?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  4. #64  
    I dont think Palm will include it (Fat32) in that update, but maybe as a seperate one if enough folks yell about it. Remember, not many people update their devices with 3rd party apps. Palm is trying to change that yes, but not with 4GB cards priced as they are.

    This is most likely already in Palm's hands. The question is what is coming next year. This year's products were finalized this time last year in many cases (carrier testing takes a long time).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

    Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  5. #65  
    hate to be a broken record.. But that list sounds a lot like what the specs for the 700p will be. We won't see any of it on the 650...
  6. #66  
    the silliest one is the removal of Real Player! I am quite positive RP wouldn't release the terms of their contract just because...
  7. morituri's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #67  
    The new firmware would be very welcome. My Treo has been very stable for the past couple of months since I installed the 1.43 firmware - probably only a couple of resets.
    <A HREF="http://www.treotoday.net">Treo Today<A> - news, tips, tricks and more
  8. #68  
    my only complaint is volume and I REALLY don't want to buy VC because I know as soon as I send the $, the update will be released the next day.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

    If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  9. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #69  
    i bought VC a couple of months ago, and so far all the updates have been free.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    i bought VC a couple of months ago, and so far all the updates have been free.
    Im sure he means a device update from palm
    Last edited by sxtg; 01/09/2006 at 10:32 AM.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    my only complaint is volume and I REALLY don't want to buy VC because I know as soon as I send the $, the update will be released the next day.

    C'mon! Do the TC family a favor, send the $ !!


  12. #72  
    I hope Palm takes a stab of improving the built-in security features.

    I have tried msafe, but haven't been able to get it to work realiable and without causing resets.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    C'mon! Do the TC family a favor, send the $ !!


    Know what? I already sent the $. I bought this damn thing from Palm unlocked for about $700. One would think that would be enough money to get a useable cell phone. The volume on this thing is so crappy I can't really hear it at all in the car or when there is any outside noise. About the only place I can really hold a conversation is in my office or home.

    Yes, I know I can stop complining and spend a couple of bucks to get it fixed, but I really shouldn't have to. Palm's (and TC's) rumormill is that this next update will fix the volume issues on the unlocked unbranded version. Since it should be released "any day now" I'm not going to go out and buy VC just yet.

    The way things work, I just know that the moment I give up waiting and send in my cash to VC, the update will be released the next day. I've waited several months, I can wait a few more weeks.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

    If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  14. #74  
    But just think of all the goodwill you will generate from the rest ot the TC family by "making" that update arrive sooner!!

  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    But just think of all the goodwill you will generate from the rest ot the TC family by "making" that update arrive sooner!!

    LOL I didn't get it til now!
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    But just think of all the goodwill you will generate from the rest ot the TC family by "making" that update arrive sooner!!

    I'll accept PayPal donations. . .
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

    If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  17. #77  
    When this upgrade is released how will we get it? From our providers or from a download?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  18. lua
    lua is offline
    lua's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    When this upgrade is released how will we get it? From our providers or from a download?
    it should be downloadable from here:

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
  19. #79  
    Thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  20. JDELUNA's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #80  
    I wonder and hope that this new firmware update will help the Palm OS recognize my upgrade to 64Mb !!!! That would be really nice !!! God Bless
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions