Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    I wish wishes accomplished things: Bluetooth 1.2 is on the top of my list, too. How nice it would be to use stereo Bluetooth headsets to listen to music.
    I only wish they fix the dang bluetooth. No need to get it to 1.2.
    oh well, I have a dream that one day.........they wont fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_passenger
    I only wish they fix the dang bluetooth. No need to get it to 1.2.
    oh well, I have a dream that one day.........they wont fix it.
    That's just it. Bluetooth 1.1 is just dated and almost useless for the things people need bluetooth for in a phone. The only way to "fix the dang bluetooth" is to update it to bluetooth 1.2.
    I was thinking about this..... and lets assume that is IS BB connect, if someone had their memory just about full then they would have to figure out which app to delete or put on a card to make room for the new app.

I hope its FAT32 for the bigger SD cards. Sure Id like BB connect and the new profile for Bluetooth but the bigger SD cards is for me. HECK, lets hope its all 3!!!

ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I'd like my keyguard to actually be a keyguard and disable all buttons except power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    I was thinking about this..... and lets assume that is IS BB connect, if someone had their memory just about full then they would have to figure out which app to delete or put on a card to make room for the new app.

I hope its FAT32 for the bigger SD cards. Sure Id like BB connect and the new profile for Bluetooth but the bigger SD cards is for me. HECK, lets hope its all 3!!!

I am sure they would put something like that in ROM
    Palm & Verizon have now released the reo 700w ( http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo700w/ )and it has BT 1.2! can't see anything about BBConnect.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    Palm & Verizon have now released the reo 700w ( http://www.palm.com/us/products/smartphones/treo700w/ )and it has BT 1.2! can't see anything about BBConnect.
    Does it have the A2DP profile? Can one listen to stereo music through suitable BT headphones?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I hope messaging app will support sending and receiving vcf, compatible with se and nokia units. I hope the built in find utility will now work with sms messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Does it have the A2DP profile? Can one listen to stereo music through suitable BT headphones?
    A2DP is only possible with enhanced data rate (EDR) found in BT 2.0.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I've seen things with bluetooth 1.2 that have A2DP...
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 01/07/2006 at 08:07 PM.
    Hey folks, reason for a major update is probably a carrier request due to the 700p (not 700w). In order to streamline service and support calls for carrier IT folks, it would make sense that after or when a 700p release happens, that there would be a major update to the 650 to bring it in line with the software (not hardware) of the 700 lineup.

My guess on features:
    BB Connect
    updated VersaMail (again)
    updated Blazer (probably last update for that)
    possible removal of RealPlayer from the ROM for PocketTunes
    updated calendar and contacts
    updated BT, but not 1.2 as the hardware needs to support it and doesnt
    faster data transmission speeds all arorund due to modem optimizations (EDGE and 1xRTT will both gain faster boost speeds from this, but still not HSDPA or EVDO speeds by any means)
    updated messaging client
    possible today page (moreso than the agenda view in data book, maybe more customizable)

Those are my guesses. But probably pretty close.
    I personally also expect this update to make it PalmOS 5.5 not 5.4.10 as would be the next in line since 5.4.9 is already the T5 update.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    and hopefully the improved cache manager apparently in the CNG 1.17 update
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    A2DP is only possible with enhanced data rate (EDR) found in BT 2.0.
    Not true. A2DP works with BT 1.1, 1.2 and 2.0

Antoine, what makes you think that the 650 can't support BT 1.2? I thought that the chip was capable of it. If you search, I remember seeing the specs on the exact chip and it was upgradeable to BT 1.2
    I remember that being said 200man, but dont remember the post on the specs. If that is the case, then that makes talk of a major upgrade all the more fun. I personally wouldnt mind seeing a fully implemented 1.2 stack, but know that wont happen. I just dont see that as something Palm will do (even if as u say the hardware says it can be done that they will).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Actually I am of the opinion that the next upgrade will have BT 1.2.

I believe the hardware in the 650 is upgradeable to 1.2. It is only the software which needs updating. And since Palm have implemented 1.2 in the 700w, it is very likely that they have also been working on the drivers for Palm OS.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
  16. tmt
    Why in the world would we want a major upgrade to an OS that they still haven't gotten right yet?? If Palm chases their own product like this, they'll lose, lose, lose.

I don't think this is the case, btw. It's just the usual software process. It takes time, done right at least.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I wish they make the wifi drivers!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    I wish they make the wifi drivers!!!
    No good without hardware!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    I'd like my keyguard to actually be a keyguard and disable all buttons except power.
    Check out Pocket Protector, from Geakware:

http://www.geakware.com/pocketprotector/

I use it, have disabled the stupid no-Keyguard that Palm supplies, and am very happy with it. Note that the "Power" button referred to doesn't exist on a 650, so make sure you don't set all 4 hard buttons to "off."
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    My wishlist would include....
    1) increased volume over bluetooth headsets in general
    2) voice dialing over bluetooth!
    3) mp3 capability over bluetooth
    4) wifi capability
    I love gadgets.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast