Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by calico
    Me too !
    All these rumours the last weeks do not help.
    We actually don't need more future features,
    but fixes for the current problems.
    Me three
    I am sitting here laughing.....
    we will probably get some fixes and some new problems with the new features.....
    this almost seems like shooting yourself in the foot.....
    I'm still waiting for the update for the unbranded Treos!! :/
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Any idea if Blackberry Connect will be included in the update?
    I really hope they include the bluetooth 1.2 stack in this update and also support for larger capacity SD cards.
    I hear it's an OS upgrade to Windows Mobile......
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone
    I hear it's an OS upgrade to Windows Mobile......
    and it'll turbo charge the processor to run at 624mhz. Also it'll feature superduper Dynamic Compression-Decompression which make your little 32MB of RAM in the Treo650 feels like 128MEGs in order to run the new O.S.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Nonono.. It will install Microsoft Windows 1.0 and DOS 3.3.. And make the processor run at 16MHz with 640k RAM.. *ducks*
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    My Prediction is there will be NO BT 1.2, NO Blackberry Connect and probably no new features at all... Why would there be? I mean what's Palms incentive to do this? They could give us these features for free OR they could make us fork up another 600 bucks for the 700P or whatever. This has been Palms business model in the past, give them just enough but leave out a few key items so they spend the $$ for the next generation Treo.
    Historically 100% accurate.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    My Prediction is there will be NO BT 1.2, NO Blackberry Connect and probably no new features at all... Why would there be? I mean what's Palms incentive to do this? They could give us these features for free OR they could make us fork up another 600 bucks for the 700P or whatever. This has been Palms business model in the past, give them just enough but leave out a few key items so they spend the $$ for the next generation Treo.
    The reason would be to keep their customer base happy - Sony has been constantly delivering new capabilities for its PSP with constnat software ugrades...
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    I agree with you to a degree. This only works if there is no other competition out there and from what I understand, there are a couple of companies coming out with devices that should compete directly with the Treo, which ever versioin you have. You never want to cast aside your customer base as these are the people that buy your next generation of phones. But I think palm needs to make good on a usable BT as there appears to be many issues with it as it stands along with other shortcomings.

just my 2 cents

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers1
    The reason would be to keep their customer base happy - Sony has been constantly delivering new capabilities for its PSP with constnat software ugrades...
    Sony and Palm have a completely different customer appreciation. Palm has none
    hi, why not edge support on 650, after all there are those of us, like myself who never want to use mircosoft on a smart phone! Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert
    hi, why not edge support on 650, after all there are those of us, like myself who never want to use mircosoft on a smart phone! Jay
    Edge works..

I presume you mean UTMS or other high speed cellular data. The chipset does not support it.

Wait for the 650 replacement. The 700w is a branch, let it go on its own path.
    650 already supports EDGE (at least the Cingular 650's do).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    650 already supports EDGE (at least the Cingular 650's do).
    I could be way off base here, but I found this:

"The next generation of data heading towards third generation and personal multimedia environments builds on GPRS and is known as Enhanced Data rate for GSM Evolution (EDGE)."

Read it here:

http://www.cellular.co.za/edge.htm
    "...Sony and Palm have a completely different customer appreciation. Palm has none..."

Read about Sony misleading users with their Digital Rights Management software? It loads "rootkit" tools that any hackers can use. And, there isn't a way to remove it. If you go to their site for removal tools, what you get is submit your name/address info that they will use for marketing purposes.

Sounds like you are right, Palm has zero whereas Sony is in the negative number zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I could be way off base here, but I found this:

"The next generation of data heading towards third generation and personal multimedia environments builds on GPRS and is known as Enhanced Data rate for GSM Evolution (EDGE)."

Read it here:

http://www.cellular.co.za/edge.htm
    Dude, that link is over a year and a half old.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    BT 1.2+ would be nice if firmware-possible.
    I wish wishes accomplished things: Bluetooth 1.2 is on the top of my list, too. How nice it would be to use stereo Bluetooth headsets to listen to music.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast