Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Are you giving odds?
    How 'bout a beer on that?

You pick an "in store date" and I will pick an "in store date".

Who is ever closest(without the actual date being past their choice), wins!

Last edited by gtwo; 01/09/2006 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Backward compatible as USB 2.0 is backward compatible to USB 1.0 (but USB 1.0 knows nothing about 2.0).
    Agree, it's correct/better stated your way. I sit corrected
    Okay. Silly Season is now over for me.

The 700p will have (IMHO):

EV-DO
    64mb
    1.3 megapixel camera
    BT 1.2
    Fat 32 for 4GB SD cards

I will be happy.

Anything else will be a plus.

I'm gone from the 700P threads until they announce.

See ya soon!

Cheers, Perry.

P.S. Hi Gharrod! I believe Shadowmite has "seen" the 700P thru a contact at Sprint and not thru Palm -- as someone has suggested in another post, so he did not probably sign an NDA with Palm. The 5.4.7 is what was on the device he saw -- he is saying probably, as what he saw may not be the final OS version for the product brought to market.
    I saw the 700P it has

Palm OS 6.0.0
    EVDO
    128MB
    B.T.1.2
    Fully Functional GPS W/ Tom Tom 5 Included
    WIFI Intergrated
    They added a wheel on the side like the blackberry
    It comes with a desktop Sync/Charger
    The audio jack is on top and gold plated

The silly season continues for me.................
    [QUOTE=Perry Holden]

Perry-
    I'll miss your cheerleading. See you when it comes out (not if it comes out...WHEN it comes out!).

Dave
    [QUOTE=NJ Dog Doc]
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Perry-
    I'll miss your cheerleading. See you when it comes out (not if it comes out...WHEN it comes out!).

Dave
    Same goes for me Perry
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Okay, since everyone, with the possible exception of Shadowmite, is speculating about the 700p, I have a question. Assuming it does exist, has anyone heard any rumors about whether it will be Sprint only or whether VZW will also get it? I've had to sit by and watch while some of the best phones bypass VZW or it gets them late (e.g. Kyo 7135, Treo 600 and 650, etc.) Just my luck, the VZW finally gets a Treo first and its the wrong one (for me). I have a T650 and want the 700 for EV-DO, but also want the phone to have the POS. Any chance of that happening soon? All guesses are welcomed.
    I spoke with a Palm rep today. It DOES exist. I was too busy asking more business related questions to get into geeky details though (although you know I was kicking myself when we got off the phone for not doing so.)

I was meeting w/ a VZW rep and speaking on a 650 (speakerphone) w/ the Palm rep to VZW. VZW will get it. The speculation was for a summer release on VZW.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Thanks! I know nothing is confirmed until we see it being sold, but I can hold out with the 650 until the Summer. At least there is still hope for us POS people who want EC-DO.
    I was in a Sprint store today to check out the PPC - 6700. I've owned my Treo 600 since the Handspring upgrade to Treo 300 owners, and haven't even changed the battery. My 600 barely even works anymore, and I really want to upgrade, but I want something with EV-DO, so the 650 won't cut it. The guy in the Sprint store said they'd have the 700 by next month.
    My sprint store told me the same thing said they were out for testing

Fred
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    No suffix on that model # eh?
    Meh, what do those Sprint store employees know anyway.
    No suffix was given. I was simply told very matter-of-factly that "we (Sprint) will have the 700 next month." I didn't ask for details.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I wonder what they mean when they say, "650 users will get a major firmware upgrade".
    Hey guys, the firmware is finally released
    Check it our here
    for sprint this is not new it is 1.12 which has been out for a while

Fred
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    for sprint this is not new it is 1.12 which has been out for a while

Fred
    Yeah, you're right. The upgrade is not for Sprint still
    Quote Originally Posted by gusher1
    No suffix was given. I was simply told very matter-of-factly that "we (Sprint) will have the 700 next month." I didn't ask for details.

Next month and there is not ONE single pic floating around, hard to swallow that, but come to think about it there is no SPRINT 700w pics floating around either.
    After hearing that Verizon expects to have it by summer, it is VERY plausible that Sprint will have it next month. It will look just like the 700w BTW. (Since you don't have a pic.)
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    The Sprint reps I spoke to don't know the difference between a W and a P. They just know they are getting the 700 sometime in the future. That is likely the source of some of these rumors.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast