Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    shadowmite,

Would you care to share any information about the 700p in which you have seen? Is it the same form factor as the W, but with 320x320, more memory, incremental OS update, and EVDO? Or is there anything else about them?
    Patrick Horne
    Yeah Shadowmite give us some info!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    It will instantly explode the device if it senses any complaining by the user of no wi-fi!!!!!
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    How can it hurt sales of something that hasn't been announced yet?
    And may never exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    Will we see Cobalt on the Treo 700p?

Please say yes....
    OK, I will play your silly game, "Yes." (Feel better now?)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The 700p's I have seen are 5.4.7... Sorry... Looks like it's just a radio and memory upgrade to the 650. As the 650 was a minimal upgrade to the 600. Small steps.

I feel confident 1 of the other treo's they will annouce this year will be a 750 or whatnot with yet more small upgrades.
    Do you have any evidence for this or are you simply speculating (like most of the people here).
    Quote Originally Posted by KeilwerthSX90R
    So Palm will announce the 700p in February for delivery when? June? July? Could they be announcing the 700w available in the summer when VZWs exclusive runs out?
    The month is not nearly so important as the year. Remember, we are dealing with Palm here.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Check out the FCC radiation reports on the 650. It puts out more than enought juice to sterilize any toothpick!!!
    Fried ick is so much more appealing than ordinary ick inside my Treo. I'll pass on the pen stylus too. Trying to stuff a pocket protector down that little hole is too much.
    Taking what we know about Palm in the past, and the current move of the PalmOS within Palm models, I'd expect OS 5.5 to be the version number. Albeit, small hardware updates to make us happy. Remember, with the LD/E2/T5 1.1/TX, we are on 5.4.8 and 5.4.9. So if they wanna do something convincing, it would have to be 5.5 with notable software improvements.

However, I dont think PS ever made a 5.5. Only a 5.4.1 that was hacked to high water by Palm/Garmin/GSPDA.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Ant, as much as I agree with your analysis (you are often insightful and bring logic to your speculation), you can't logic with the illogical. PALM, has never been logical in their marketing nor their releases. At one time, Handspring was... way back when it was run by the techs not the suits. That is long gone, and I am afraid if you try to make sense of PALM's marketing and their move structuring, your head will explode. Literally, blow up. Like that guy in Scanners... and I like you too much to want to risk that.
    Well... An upgrade won't hurt anyone no matter what it is about, but the most important thing for me, would be that Palm adds compatibility to the SDIO Wi-Fi Card. As I am a former T3 user who converted to Treo, I have the card with me, and it would be great to be able to use it with the Treo...

Just my Two Cents...
    Feature wise, I expect the 700P to be almost exactly identicle to the 700w, except for the LCD.
    Quote Originally Posted by aguila1808
    the most important thing for me, would be that Palm adds compatibility to the SDIO Wi-Fi Card. As I am a former T3 user who converted to Treo, I have the card with me, and it would be great to be able to use it with the Treo...
    This is a nice product that would be a beautiful thaaang in the Treo.

Link: Dual SDIO solution w/ 1 controller
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The 700p's I have seen are 5.4.7... Sorry... Looks like it's just a radio and memory upgrade to the 650. As the 650 was a minimal upgrade to the 600. Small steps.

I feel confident 1 of the other treo's they will annouce this year will be a 750 or whatnot with yet more small upgrades.
    ...you've SEEN a 700p????
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Do you have any evidence for this or are you simply speculating (like most of the people here).
    Simmer down there Mr. Murray. This is SHADOWMITE!!! If he says he's seen it, he's seen it!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Exactly !!
    I wonder if the Sprint firmware upgrade might include PTT?
    Does Push to Talk require a second radio in the unit? If so, no software upgrade can fix that.

Cheers, Perry.
    Believe it does. Diff frequency, diff comm standard. Needs separate hardware, so no ptt.
    I just returned my Samsung A900 to go back to the treo 650 cuz I need the PDA functionality, I hope the 700p comes out quick, I miss evdo. It's sooooooooooo fast by comparison. It's such a tough thing to give it up and go back to regular 1x on the treo, but I hope the 700p will be worth it.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast