Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wonder why Palm would only hype and market only one new OS data phone. I read loads of blogs that there WILL be a Palm Treo 700 (7ooP?)........but now it seems only the Verizon 700W is coming out. I've spoken to many T-Mobile reps and either they dont know a thing, or are damn good liars.

Anyone here know if T-Mobile is gonna step up to the plate and get new data phones? Right now, they have ZERO data phones on the market. The Treo 600 is discontinued, they never carried the 650, ad they dont have any Windows Mobile phones. Notice I didnt mention the Blackberrys................................
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROFL!! No seriously.. ROFL!! Forget T-Mobile for a Palm phone.. They have two Windows phones coming, maybe a new Sidekick and a couple Blackberries (or compatible).. READ MY LIPS, NO NEW PALMS.. ROFL.. Damn, those Cherrios flew 15 feet out of my nose laughing after reading about a T-Mobile Palm..

Ok, gotta clean up my breakfast, back to your regularly scheduled wishing..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    T-Mobile is not going to carry any more PalmOS phones, at least not in the near future. They were burned with the Treo 600 - Lots of service requests and returns. The return rate on the BB's is much lower due to more reliable hardware and the fact that they're easier to use means there are less calls to tech support.
    Yep, sad to say. I agree. I guess it doesn't matter much anymore. No one wants to insure the Palms/PPC type devices anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz
    T-Mobile is not going to carry any more PalmOS phones, at least not in the near future. They were burned with the Treo 600 - Lots of service requests and returns. The return rate on the BB's is much lower due to more reliable hardware and the fact that they're easier to use means there are less calls to tech support.
    They could still sell it, just not offer insurance and just the 30 day return. Cingular supposedly won't insure these types of phones either anymore(I can't confirm though), and they still sell. People want them.

The 600 is available under the "Business" section still.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Like me, you will have to wait for Palm to sell them unlocked and unbranded on their own web site, like the Treo 650 GSM. Then it will be a simple matter of popping in your SIM card, just like it is now. But I doubt T-Mobile is going to carry any Palm phones in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    They could still sell it, just not offer insurance and just the 30 day return. Cingular supposedly won't insure these types of phones either anymore(I can't confirm though), and they still sell. People want them.

The 600 is available under the "Business" section still.
    Yeah I wish T-Mobile still sold Treos. As it is, I just "upgraded" to a RAZR cos the price was irresistable and they had no other smartphone that caught my fancy. It'll be a nice weekend phone.

You're right, Cingular's insurance carrier - Asurion - will not insure Treo 650s.
  8.    #8  
    I didnt mean that I WANTED a Palm Treo.....my point was that TM is sooooooooooo slow getting data phones in the first place.......................and really, how many new versions of SIDEKICk do we really need???? Id love to have a Windows Mobile data phone from TM..................if they ever wake up from 1996, that is.....................
  9. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz
    You're right, Cingular's insurance carrier - Asurion - will not insure Treo 650s.
    Cingular uses lock/line, not Asurion. Asurion works with one or more other carriers--Verizon, IIRC, and does insure Treos. Unfortunately, lock/line doesn't.
    ~What does a pimp consider a girl with a Treo?~
    ~A Tree-Hoe~
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmmgg
    I didnt mean that I WANTED a Palm Treo.....my point was that TM is sooooooooooo slow getting data phones in the first place.......................and really, how many new versions of SIDEKICk do we really need???? Id love to have a Windows Mobile data phone from TM..................if they ever wake up from 1996, that is.....................

Look here and get even more depressed:
    http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher

The UK T-Mobile is SOO far ahead of the US one, it isn't funny!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12.    #12  
    Nice photo manip on the TM Palm.......I'll take 2!!!!!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I have been with T-mobile since the VoiceStream days and am running a cingular branded treo 600 with my T-mobile SIM...it is actually my original VoiceStream SIM. Let me tell you, I have zero issues with T-mobile not carrying the treo...sure it would be nice, but so long as I have a GSM SIM card from T-mobile the door to many GSM devices is wide open. My last 3 phones were all GSM, not T-mobile branded soft/firmware pre-loaded and I was able to use them without problems. I'd probably only accept the price subsidation argument for not staying with T-mo, but finding these elsewhere at a good price is very easy...perhaps the forcasted international treo 700 would be a good place to set your sights...what was that the "hollywood" codenamed device?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I had the original VisorPhone/Prism combo thru VoiceStream as well- I waited for the 600 and skipped the 180/270. Then I jumped ship from T-mobile as their coverage was terrible, not to mention their lack of interest in carrying new smartphone models. Verizon was a much better deal.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    pmdied,

I'm a Visor/Visorphone(VoiceStream)>Treo180>Treo600 user and will probably upgrade to the 650 or 700 after a close comparison in specs/price to see if it is a worthy upgrade. You may have to define "better deal" to me. While I agree that Tmo had some coverage issues, I have experienced quite an improvment over the past few years...may also be device related. At the time I was enjoying a $19.99/mo and the freebie data. Not a huge voice minutes user, but the data for email is key. I currently have a family plan that is $25/mo for me an a $5/mo data plan for email for which I can get to websites also. You'll have to let me know how I can do that on Vzn..especially data. (Vzn will be faster, but I can wait a minute for my email).

I think the primary thing that keeps me with Tmo is the GSM technology, this gives me instant change over to any GSM device without having to contact the provider..which makes the Tmo offered smartphone problem very minor. I also like the international use of the device and being able to insert a SIM pay-per-use SIM.

I don't think Tmo users will be left out in the cold so long as GSM devices are still common in the world.
  16.    #16  
    I have you all beat. I've been with TM since OMNIPOINT!!! I would hope they get with the program, but I wont wait THAT long to get an unbranded 650..................or 700 once the bugs are ironed out................
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j$hort
    pmdied,

I'm a Visor/Visorphone(VoiceStream)>Treo180>Treo600 user and will probably upgrade to the 650 or 700 after a close comparison in specs/price to see if it is a worthy upgrade. You may have to define "better deal" to me. While I agree that Tmo had some coverage issues, I have experienced quite an improvment over the past few years...may also be device related. At the time I was enjoying a $19.99/mo and the freebie data. Not a huge voice minutes user, but the data for email is key. I currently have a family plan that is $25/mo for me an a $5/mo data plan for email for which I can get to websites also. You'll have to let me know how I can do that on Vzn..especially data. (Vzn will be faster, but I can wait a minute for my email).

I think the primary thing that keeps me with Tmo is the GSM technology, this gives me instant change over to any GSM device without having to contact the provider..which makes the Tmo offered smartphone problem very minor. I also like the international use of the device and being able to insert a SIM pay-per-use SIM.

I don't think Tmo users will be left out in the cold so long as GSM devices are still common in the world.
    Hi, depending on where you live some carriers are better than others. Most people in New Jersey swear by Verizon and having done a side by side comparison on reception quality between my then 650 T-mobile phone and my friend's Verizon 650 phone in a notoriously reception poor town (Harding) the winner was Verizon by 3 bars. Other states my have different results.
    As for the data, I am a heavy user because I access real estate listings and check email every 20 minutes. I pay $44/month for unlimited usage; My only advantage is that I write it off as a tax deduction expenditure.
    I was, however, happier with T-mo's rates(much cheaper across the board) and their CS was great.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    pmdied,
    I agree with your assessment across the board...definately matters by region, I originally had some problems at my home where at work was perfect. I was thinking of changing, then things got a little better so far as signal at home...I wanted to use it in place of my land line. Tmo CS is good and their prices (especially data) are excellent...with Vzn you will get much better data speeds but like anything else, it will cost you.

ssmmgg,
    Omnipoint! wow. was that a GSM operation, circa what year? and what were you using for a phone? Just asking for nostalgic reasons.

I am not worried about finding a GSM treo 650 and soon 700. I'm pretty sure I want to stay with the palm OS. My decision will be based not on 650 to 700 improvements but improvements for the $ migrating from the 600 in a few categories:

Must be GSM
    Screen resolution
    Bluetooth version
    Camera resolution

Any big categories for you both?

Kinda wondering if it is worth a considerable cash outlay for even those. I have had a problem wanting some software that was hi-res only and cannot run on the 600...I think an unlocked 650 will be a good move for the money as a new device is introduced.
  19.    #19  
    Omnipoint WAS GSM..............1994-ish. The 'big' phones then were SEIMENS, NOKIA. If Palm doesnt make a GSM 700, then Im gonna get an unlocked 650..................I MUST HAVE ONE................
  20.    #20  
    Actually, more like 1989-1993 for Omnipoint...............
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast