Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Feh. I remember having to hold my parent's Omnipoint cell phone out the window because we didn't have reception in the house. and people complain about T-Mobile reception now, they have it too good! We had to walk 15 miles up hill, both ways, to get Omnipoint service...ya just kidding.

Our first GSM was a GSM Startac from Omnipoint. I actually saw a women in the airport today with one, brought back memories..
    -- Go Illini!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Ah, I have an Omnipoint SIM card, back when it was an actual card, from a Siemens phone (still sitting around!). Circa 1998, Boston. Reception was okay, but then as now I was only inside the city.

Dropped the service when I moved to Chicago, which only had Voicestream for a few months before the T-Mobile rebrand.

T-Mobile's direct support of the Sidekick platform, and the substantial profits they reap off Blackberry service, probably mean no further T-branded Treos in the States. I can more than earn back the carrier subsidy through the lower rates, though, especially compared to Cingular's two-year contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Look here and get even more depressed:
    http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher

The UK T-Mobile is SOO far ahead of the US one, it isn't funny!
    Lady Treo,
    You are making me cry...they have the SLVR as well as the HTC Wizard and Universal...and the prices are really good too.

Damnit...When is TMobile USA going to stop being the stepchild.
    ^ Yeah. Same here. I was thinking about ditching tmo.
    T-mo has the best rates and service... and I can pick up a phone anywhere. It will take alot more that a 700W or P or L or whatever to get me to change.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    T-mo has the best rates and service... and I can pick up a phone anywhere. It will take alot more that a 700W or P or L or whatever to get me to change.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I spoke with someone at T-Mobile's US corporate office awhile back regarding their smartphone selection and they said that they dropped the Treo line / haven't picked up the new ones because the Treo 600 did not sell well and it was too costly to support.
    And what's their excuse for being so far behind their UK counterpart? Their current selection of "smartphones" is laughable!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I spoke with someone at T-Mobile's US corporate office awhile back regarding their smartphone selection and they said that they dropped the Treo line / haven't picked up the new ones because the Treo 600 did not sell well and it was too costly to support.
    I think thats their own fault. They don't market the products properly, the only thing I ever see them push is the Sidekick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q
    Cingular uses lock/line, not Asurion. Asurion works with one or more other carriers--Verizon, IIRC, and does insure Treos. Unfortunately, lock/line doesn't.

No that's incorrect. Sprint also uses Lockline for their ERP insurance and they DO cover the Treos...at least on Sprint that is...

Also, for what it's worth, the lack of Treo support by Tmo and for many other smartphone devices may also be due to the delay in their 3G infrastructure development. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Tmo$ $is$ $way$ $behind$ $Sprint$, $Verizon$, $Cingular$ $etc$ $in$ $deploying$ $a$ $full$ $nationwide$ $UMTS$ $network$ $and$ $thus$ $may$ $shy$ $away$ $rom$ $supporting$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $newer$ $3G$ $devices$.

But I also recall reading a while ago that Tmo had decided to skip the 650 and instead support the next gen Treo...but ymmv..
    Last edited by Gaurav; 01/13/2006 at 10:17 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12