1.    #1  
    I hope I dont sound too dumb:

Are there major differences between a Treo 650 and a Blackberry 7105, for example? Both are data phones with Bluetooth, e-mail, messaging, calendar, etc. I own a Palm but have never used a Blackberry. Are they as good as the Treo as a phone? Im leaning towards the 650, but any advice would be most helpful.
    Going off your post in another thread,you will need either T-Mobile Web or T-Mobile Unlimited Internet in order to use the email and web on the Treo,but if you go with the Blackberry you will need one of T-Mobile's Blackberry plans -which if I remember correctly include text messaging.Personally,having used both I prefer the Treo or Blackberry's with a full QWERTY keyboard (not really a fan of the 7100 series ).

Hope this helps.
    I have no idea what the specs, size or capabilities are for the 7105.

However, I think the general concensus would be that the Treo 650 is a much better PDA and phone with much more software written for it. The BlackBerry offers "push" email, which the Treo can be configured to do. If you are email centric only, probably the BlackBerry. If you want a PDA, Camera, Internet, E-Mail, Phone, MP3 Playing, Video playing device, then I would suggest the Treo. BlackBerry Connect is supposed to be an option soon for Treos, as well.

You also need to compare monthly costs for unlimited data between the two devices/services.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/29/2005 at 09:17 PM.
    bb's are supposed to be pretty good phones...just check them out.

Treo's will let you do more.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

5.    #5  
    Good posts all around...................................I hate decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think its gonna be the 650.............................I need a drink.
    Why don't you try the BB first and see for yourself? You have trial period of two weeks for that don't you?
    The Palm OS is far supior than the Blackberry one. Also there are thousands of third party software titles for the Palm OS, while the Blackberry has like a handfull.
    Palm m105>Visor Prizm>Tungsten T>Clie Nx70v>Tungsten T3>Treo 600>Clie UX50>Tungsten T5>Treo 650>Tungsten TX>Treo 650 agian!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaje5ra
    The Palm OS is far supior than the Blackberry one. Also there are thousands of third party software titles for the Palm OS, while the Blackberry has like a handfull.
    I am sure the BB champions will say the same thing, pretty much as well as all the PPC users. Better if makes the evaluation himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I am sure the BB champions will say the same thing, pretty much as well as all the PPC users. Better if makes the evaluation himself.
    I didnt :-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Just go to cnet.com and read the reviews.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    ssmmgg, i think it depends on what you want to do with the phone also...the BB does mail very well, and you can surf the web, do datebook stuff, but I do not think you ahve the same 3rd party software support that you get on the treo.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    If you are ok with the plan, I would get one for 14 days and return it to test the other. If you want to be a really nice person, tell them to hold onto the return, as you might be back in 14 days for it. Believe me, they really do want you to be happy with the device, and should not be offended by the process.

IMO - start with the BB, then go to the Treo (as I obviously prefer the Treo) - or flip a coin.....

one last thing - don't start loading up all the 3rd party apps. Use the phone, email and web, and compare them liek that. I think everyone will agree that the Treo 3rd party apps are FAR more extensive (Watching movies while stuck in an airport is my favorite)....