1.    #1  
    I wanna get one for use with T-Mobile. Other than shelling out the bucks, and making sure I get a GMS version thats unlocked, what do I need to do? Are there special settings/codes needed so that my TM sim card will work in the phone?

Thanks......
    What answer are you looking for?

Unlocked GSM, load in your TMobile SIM and it works. No additional settings.
  3.    #3  
    OK, however, I have read numerous postings about problems with unbranded 650s and TM sim cards. Some folks spoke of needing SIM unlock codes, etc............I just want to make sure that when I get the phone, I wont need to jump thru hoops to get the phone to function since its NOT a T-Mobile phone...................
    If you are talking about using a Cingular 650 and getting it unlock, then that's a different story. Cingular users that converted to TMo has posted varying experiences.

As for using unbranded 650 GSM with TMo, you are speaking to one. I have that and no reset issues after updating the firmware.
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ssmmgg,

I bought a locked Cingular branded GSM phone. I purchased an unlock code for 15.95.

I then unbranded the firmware and upgraded to the latest version of unlocked GSM firmware.

I've been using TMO for several years. I just put my SIM in and it works fine.

No resets or lockups whatsoever. I have a loaded 650 and 2 loaded SD cards (a 1 GB and a 2 GB). Works great.

Great thing about TMO is the service plans (for me anyways). 3,000 anytime minutes for 49.99 + unlimited internet + email for 4.99 + 500 SMS for 1.99.

You will need:
    unlock code (unless you buy a phone already unlocked)
    update to firmware (search this forum for instructions) - a new version is out very soon, BTW.
    proxy workaround (search the t-mobile forum)

Good luck.

Dim-Ize
    Dim-Ize,

Can you detail your steps on how to unbrand the firmware? Maybe that would help another TMo user with a Cingular Treo.

You buy the unlock code from where?

Thanks