Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose
    I use my previous phone (audiovox 8600) as a second phone. The main purpose for it is when I need to carry something light (e.g. if im rollerblading)..
    Its nice and small, and has fairly clear reception. Crappy UI and some bugs, but does the job for the most part.
    That's mostly what I have in mind. If I'm running off to the gym, or a rugby game, I can stick a small, inexpensive clamshell phone in my gym bag and not worry about my precious Treo 650 wandering off. This is one of the strong points for GSM phones - the ability to switch phones on a whim. It just looks like most folks here don't get that whim.
    I have a second 650,sold the 600,briefly last month when my original 650 stopped working as a phone,I used an old v60 briefly before buying a second 650 (after buying a life drive and intending to buy a second cell phone).I find that I take my 650 everywhere,even when going out-much easier that having to lug two devices,or a phone and a notepad.Of course I could always use the firm issued blackberry if I had to,but I much prefer the Treo,hands down.
    i use a razr for nights when i don't want to be bothered...
    I have a treo pretty good phone if you ask me., I do have a back up phone for sure. the Motorola MPx 220 (can't give up my windows lol) Like some of the others when you just need something small i will take my 220 but since I bought my treo i have been using it a lot more the my 220. I know these two phones will hold me over until the gsm version of the Treo 700w comes out.
    I have a Motorola V600 that I use on a daily basis for non-business related calls. It uses the cell # I've had since 1998. I find it much faster to whip out my V600 and make a call. It also comes in handy when I want to travel light, such as going out to clubs. I would probably stop using it if I could have both cell #s in my 650, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    My sister lived in Johannesburg, South Africa for a number of years and she said it was quite common for folks to have a cell phone and no land line. Almost unheard of here in the U.S., however it does make sense. Why should you ever be out of tough on your home phone with all this great technology at our disposal? Simple: you shouldn't. Having a cell phone only is the perfect answer.
    Like the others, I have only the T650. No land line and no backup. Tried a land line for about six months. The only people that called it were telemarketers. It was an easy decision to return to the cell phone-only life.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I have a backup Nokia 8310 (really tiny mobile!).

I only really use it if I go mountain biking/ paint balling or some such activity. But it kinda hurts to leave my Treo 650 at home!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    i have no land line, but do have 2 cell numbers.

:-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I carry my Treo 650 only. My hubby and kids have their own cell phones as well. The only reason I have a landline is because I have a home security system that has to have a landline for alerts, etc. But, I never give anyone my landline number, just the cells.
  10.    #30  
    I find I'm giving out my cell number far more than my land line. You can always get me on my cell, but the home phone is hit-or-miss.
    I have a Sony Ericsson K750 that I use sometimes when going out.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    I've had my Treo 600 since October of 2003 but recently adopted a BB 7250 for work. Its a hassle to carry two devices around. Its more of a hassle when you realize you prefer some of the features on one device and other features on the other device so you become dependent on carrying two devices. Damn.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    I have a CDMA device. Unfortunately this is a benefit of GSM phones. :-(
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    With CDMA can't you call and switch the phone number to another phone? I guess that is a pain but you can do it right?

I sometimes would like a smaller phone for going out on the town... Only one Treo/phone for now...
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I work in some places that don't even want a camera in the parking lot. On those days the treo has to stay home and bring the old nokia that it replaced. I feel lost.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
    I just have one Treo 600 but my wife has her Samsung from Sprint along with her BB for work. What a pain in the A$$ it is for her to carry two phones, two wall chargers, two car chargers and two headsets. The irony is that (IMO) they are both inferior to the Treo.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd
    I work in some places that don't even want a camera in the parking lot. On those days the treo has to stay home and bring the old nokia that it replaced. I feel lost.
    Agree. I don't have another phone. But my next Treo will be one without a cam (hopefully).
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Agree. I don't have another phone. But my next Treo will be one without a cam (hopefully).
    You know I felt the same way until recently when I found myself using my camera (not for pleasure since it's not a great camera) to help me out in some business situations. Still not sure whether I'll get the cameraless one or not.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have my old Motorola V400 but it hasn't been used since I got my Treo 650. I'll hang onto it in case something unforeseen happens to my 650
    Pat

Unlocked Cingular Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks
    With CDMA can't you call and switch the phone number to another phone? I guess that is a pain but you can do it right?

I sometimes would like a smaller phone for going out on the town... Only one Treo/phone for now...
    When I was with Verizon I used to be able to do this, but thus far I have been unable to do this with Sprint. Worse, even if I could, Sprint requires that I use a phone purchased from THEM.

I did find one person in a store that said they might be able to do it, but I'd have to extend my contract each time I switched. I finally gave up asking.

It's all going to be a moot point come the 11th as I'm dropping Sprint anyway for unrelated reasons. (Sadly, I'll miss their rate plan.)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast