Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Once I thought my daughters palm touchscreen was dead but it turned out that the screen protector was throwing the PDA for a loop. Did you ship it with a screen protector?
    I didn't put a screen protector on it...and I don't recall if the shipping plastic was on or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Also my first T600 had the touch screen go out on the second day. It was odd, it worked perfect the day I got it but the next morning it was toast. He's probable posting over at MTDN say in "What do I do, this guy sent be a dead treo".

Is this person not able to get it replaced?
    I have no idea, yet, what the diagnosis is other then what he told me in the first email....
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think the bait and switch advice is right on. Be careful. I would gldly take a hit on my ebay feedback if I knew I was right.
    I am thinking the same thing... I wish I hadn't been so fast to give him raving positive feedback...
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    I sold a bunch or Treos (20 or so - a lot for me) on ebay and only had a problem once. Here's my advice:

1. Protect yourself, no money back until you can get the phone in your hands, ensure it is the same one you sent and it was not tampered with or damaged.

2. Be explicit on how you would handle a return, ie, no money until the unit is inspected (see above) and if there are any issues, you will return the unit to the buyer.

3. Allow for the fact that the device did die. If it did, and you want to go above and beyond, you can always let the buyer get all their money back. If you do choose to mutually cancel the transaction, ebay has a way to refund most or all of your listing costs. Again, hold on to the $ until they do their part (responding to an email) and all you would be out is shipping costs.

4. Allow for the fact you are dealing with a deadbeat - they will not be happy no matter what. Let them post neg feedback, but make sure they are not trying to extort as ebay can remove feedback for something like that, ie, I had a guy who said he would leave neg fb if I did not refune shipping. I offered a FULL refund including shipping, but only after I got the item back and inspected it. He insisted all he wanted was shipping back (so he obviously liked the product and the price) - I let ebay handle it.

Finally, do you have insurance on the shipment ? and have you spoken directly to the individual or has this all been via email ?
    1 & 2 above...

Yes...I agree..no refund untill I have first, received the Treo back, second, verified that is the one I sent him, and last, confirmed that it is indeed defective. I am not going to return money because of a change of heart...

3 above...

Totally agree... My first response was that I would make good on it...and if it is indeed the unit I sent him and it is broken..I'll eat it.

I searched for a way to start a preliminary dispute on either ebay or paypal...sort of "heads up" notification that a problem is brewing, but found nothing on their sites...

I am not so worried about the neg fb... I know I was not wrong

So far, only email correspondance and it was via ebay messaging. Gotta think that if it was a bogus complaint or bait and switch that he would have emailed me outside of ebay...but who knows.

The shipment was via overnight DHL...not certain of the insurance policy there...I'll jump that hurdle if/when I get to it...

Thanks...!!
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    I'm not a big fan of insurance fraud...

Since it is your phone, and if it did die, you can get it back from the buyer and submit an insurance claim. Then take the new phone and sell it on ebay.

I would also suggest talking directly with the buyer - there is an outside chance they are not a dirt-bag, and just bought an expensive item that they think does not work (wouldn't you be upset). If they are new to the phone, a little coaching could resolve this quickly....
    I have Sprint replacement insurance but it only covers the unit that is active on your plan...

Not sure how Sprint (lockline) will treat it since I don't own it, and/or it isn't activated... Hopefully I won't get to that point.
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    you can't reall yopen a dispute - especially if he paid.

if he is up to something, it will probably be all threats (neg fb). He would have to open the dispute, but won't get anywhere as long as you are communicating and willing to come to a reasonable solution.

If you've offered to stand behind your sale, I wouldn;t worry until he gets back to you....
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    bump...for warranty update....
    Technology Rules!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12