1.    #1  
    Hi, I have been trying to setup my laptop (win XP) to use the internet connection on my treo 650. I have read tons of articles, but none telling me how to resolve this error....

I am able to pair my phone and laptop fine and can even Sync using BT.

But when I enable DUN on the phone...
    go to bluetooth devices...
    go to the proporties of the phone...
    go to the Services tab...
    Check the "Dial-up Networking (DUN)" box..
    I click apply or ok and I get a window entitled "bluetooth service error" that has a msg "Access is Denied"

Anyone else have this error and find a way around it?

Thanks in Advance!
    Who is your carrier, and what sofware/firmware are you using?

After enabling on the phone, I just double click my bluetooth icon in the system tray, find nearby devices, and start dialup networking.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3.    #3  
    I am using a Treo 650, running 1.17-CNB and firmware 01.51

Is there a driver to add the phone to my laptop as a BT modem, so that I can add it to the modem list?
    Did you try double-clicking the bluetooth icon in the system tray? Do you have a bluetooth icon in the system tray? Have you searched for devices in range?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

5.    #5  
    yes, I was able to search for the device and I am even able to sync using BT. It's just that when I go to the properties of the phone, after enableing DUN on the phone, and check the check box for DUN, I get Access is Denied after clicking OK or Apply. And when I try to add the phone to the modem list in Phones and Modems in the control panel, it finds it, but after clicking OK to add it, it doesn't show up in the list of Modems. Also, I don't have a "Statdard modem over Bluetooth Link" that I can add either. Is there a driver I can download for that?

Thanks
    O.k., here are the steps I use:

1. Turn on DUN on my phone under the Bluetooth.
    2. Double click the bluetooth icon.
    3. Click "View Devices in Range".
    4. Double click my phone icon when it is found.
    5. Double click the Dial Up Networking icon that appears for my phone.
    6. Put in username, password, number, and click the "Dial" button.

What happens when you try this? I'm not sure what drivers and such you are referring to.

7.    #7  
    after my phone is connected to the laptop via BT, I never see a Dial-Up Networking icon for it.
    Did you follow my numbered steps? Please reference what happens during which step that doesn't work. When you "connect", it should be after step 6, which means your connection is working and you can use the internet.