Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    "I'm not buying another Treo until it's Linux based or my 650 *dies*. I love my Treo but multitasking and memory management are becoming must-haves in todays world. Waiting for two minutes for the phone to reboot because of some errant program is not cool. Plus switching applications without losing where you are would make some things so much easier."

I co-sign with this one.
    Me personally, I think the whole treo issue is becoming very fishy. New hardware updated software, nearly identical specs. Why couldn't they just let you upgrade the palm os 5 to the latest on through some sort of cd installation or flash process. To buy another treo with nearly identical specs for five to six hundred to me is sensless. The treo I possess now does just fine.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueCrimeNY
    Me personally, I think the whole treo issue is becoming very fishy. New hardware updated software, nearly identical specs. Why couldn't they just let you upgrade the palm os 5 to the latest on through some sort of cd installation or flash process. To buy another treo with nearly identical specs for five to six hundred to me is sensless. The treo I possess now does just fine.
    I guess I missed some of the information you are basing your comments on. . . . . . as far as I know, the Sprint Treo "700P" will have EV-DO and possibly more memory and the 1.3 mega-pixel camera. . . . . . .this does not sound like identical specs to the Treo 650 to me. . . . .

Cheers, Perry
    More memory? I didn't know that. Also, I've tried a 1.3 mega pixel camera on other phones, such as the motorola v635 and its only smidgets ahead of the vga camera on the treo 650. EV-DO is cool, but verizon is going to greese you where the sun don't shine for data prices. Besides those two things, I just don't see the the worth, alteast I don't. Especially not for $600 or even $500.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
    Besides, many people just purchased there 650. Palm still sells the $650 unlock for $550. So if you just purchased an unlock 650 two three months ago, then it definately isn't worth it.
    I hear ya, but I'm on Sprint, so I am not expecting the "grease". The 700W is coming equipped with more memory for WM5 and I am hoping that they carry that thru to the 700P. As well, if the Palm folks do as well with the 1.3 as they have with the "0.3" camera, then it should be an improvement.

Only time will tell. . . . . Silly Season continues. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    I'm sure the 700p will be spec for spec similar to the 700w. EV-DO, more memory, and 1.3 megapixel camera, oh and BlackBerry Connect.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Oh well let the games begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I'm sure the 700p will be spec for spec similar to the 700w. EV-DO, more memory, and 1.3 megapixel camera, oh and BlackBerry Connect.
    Spec for spec, except for the screen . . . . . I WILL not go backwards on THAT!

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    And WiFi I hope.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  11. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    And WiFi I hope.
    WiFi built-in, or support for the SD card? I think we'd have heard something if it were to be built-in.
    EDVO will cost us $-but I'll take it. Wifi on the otherhand is free for the most part for me. Home & soon to be citywide New Orleans. My wife is using it now (only for 1st Responders) says it works well.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Okay. Silly Season is now over for me.

The 700p will have (IMHO):

EV-DO
    64mb
    1.3 megapixel camera
    BT 1.2
    Fat 32 for 4GB SD cards

I will be happy.

Anything else will be a plus.

I'm gone from the 700P threads until they announce.

See ya soon!

Cheers, Perry.

P.S. Hi Gharrod! I believe Shadowmite has "seen" the 700P thru a contact at Sprint and not thru Palm -- as someone has suggested in another post, so he did not probably sign an NDA with Palm. The 5.4.7 is what was on the device he saw -- he is saying probably, as what he saw may not be the final OS version for the product brought to market.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12