Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    100MB sounds great to me!

What? Yeah, I know, there has been no announcement. I'm back in the 700P threads!

I BELIEVE !!
    I think it's safe to assume it will be called the Treo 700p
    Jimmie Geddes
    I strongly disagree. Too much possible confusion with the 700w IMO.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    As I stated elsewhere, I think the "700p" (which I doubt will be the offical name) will probably have mem architecture similar to the Tx, thus something like 100 MB user accessible...
    No way dude. Palm would NEVER put 100mb into a phone - look how they low balled the 700w.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Palm technically didnt low bally the phone, they had a set number, and due to the way the OS works, you only got so much left. If Palm (smartly) has used the same mem chips, then the PalmOS version will have more space. I dont think 100, but closer to the 55 we saw in the T5 with an internal SD card kind of area.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    But if the new one is going use roughly the same memory as the 650 and 600 (they were about the same) for the new OS then why would they give you any more the 64 MB? That would be giving you 32 MB of more free memory than the 650. They are not going to give you more than that because they don't have to.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    No way dude. Palm would NEVER put 100mb into a phone - look how they low balled the 700w.

I explained my reasoning here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104041

It seems Palm used the same mem architecture on the 700w ans Tx...that is 32MB volitile ram + 128MB Nand chip. It would make sense if Palm if using this same combo on the 700p to standardize parts and lower costs. Assuming this is true, then the 700p would probably have similar NVFS architecture as the Tx with approx 100MB free...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    Palm technically didnt low bally the phone, they had a set number, and due to the way the OS works, you only got so much left. If Palm (smartly) has used the same mem chips, then the PalmOS version will have more space. I dont think 100, but closer to the 55 we saw in the T5 with an internal SD card kind of area.
    You really think Palm will put internal storage heap into the Treo. As is appears to me, it looks like they might be trying to shift that to the LD as one of its distinguishing features, thus the absence of it on the Tx...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well, GFunk, to be technically accurate, all OS5 PalmOS devices have had an internal SD card, the T5 just did it openly. Do I think they would do it? Yes, just as much as I think your assertions of 100MBs like the TX would be right. In either account, we are looking at more RAM. I say closer to the 55 free, mainly becasue Palm will not want to trump the 700p too much over the 700w, but hey, anything is possible at nearly 3am...nite yall
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I strongly disagree. Too much possible confusion with the 700w IMO.
    Care to put money on that?
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123