webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  General News & Discussion > please enjoy the music while your party is reached
please enjoy the music while your party is reached

Old 12/24/2005, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

I notice most of the people im calling these days have that on their phones for verizon and other services and I would like to know if that is possible for my treo 650. I am also with sprint/nexel.

When I call someone, the phone dont ring anymore, all I will hear is "please enjoy the music while your party is reached" and then a music start playing.

another one will be "please hold while we connect you to your party"

I want that.
The Juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2005, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

That service has nothing to do with the phone itself, its a service from the carrier. I believe just about all the providers have this option available, just need to call customer service to activate it, its like 2.99 a month for it.
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2005, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sprint has it and it is priced per Call Ring (or whatever theyre calling it). Some are free, and some cost $2.50. but they only last for 60 or 90 days. You can log online to search through the various ones. But they dont have very many professional ones. They do have a wide selection, but most are funny or weird and grow old fast (probably intentionally).
BMIC50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2005, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
NRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juiceman
I notice most of the people im calling these days have that on their phones for verizon and other services and I would like to know if that is possible for my treo 650. I am also with sprint/nexel.

When I call someone, the phone dont ring anymore, all I will hear is "please enjoy the music while your party is reached" and then a music start playing.

another one will be "please hold while we connect you to your party"

I want that.
It is called 'Call Tones'. Go online at www.sprint.com to browse them.

Rolodex REX>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Treo 700wx>Treo 800w - Treo Pro
NRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2005, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

For business use, just subscribe to www.gotvm.com

My newly finished
Poker Table (click for pics):
demoflauchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2005, 03:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juiceman
I want that.
Why? Do you use it for business?

t2gungho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2005, 09:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
NRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoflauchy
For business use, just subscribe to www.gotvm.com
Link broken?

Rolodex REX>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Treo 700wx>Treo 800w - Treo Pro
NRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2005, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I wonder if Cingular offers this
Old 01/29/2007, 08:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

why on earth would anybody actually want that? I am so annoyed when I call somebody and hear "please enjoy the music while your party is reached"

Do the world a favor and DON'T add that (un)feature.
scottfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2007, 11:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

^ My thoughts exactly!

I HATE hold music. I would much rather listen to silence
spiVeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2007, 12:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Depends on how good the music is. If only they didn't usually use elevator music.
HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Pearl_Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2007, 01:43 AM   #12 (permalink)

Its not all elevator music. my brother has some great hip hop to listen to when I call him on tmobile. it's not for me though. my phone is for my personel use but sometimes I give clients and associates my number and of course I'd rather they here ring silence ring than nas "if I ruled the world"

Last edited by json; 01/30/2007 at 01:59 AM.
json is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2007, 03:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

Oh, you use your own music in this feature? That's cool! The only problem is to figure out what most of your callers will go for.
HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Old 01/30/2007, 04:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

People need to be freakin' entertained while a phone rings?!! What's wrong with you people?! Must have the attention span of a gnat.
rambo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2007, 04:59 AM   #15 (permalink)

Nextel often has to find the caller using a droning voice. This would be great for that!

Old 01/30/2007, 08:17 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
Oh, you use your own music in this feature? That's cool! The only problem is to figure out what most of your callers will go for.
Sprint allows you to set up who you want to hear each Call Tone. You can assign it to all incoming calls, a group of specified numbers, individual numbers, AND you can set up times of day you want it to be active. So if you have a hip hop Call Tone you want for your friends, just put their numbers in. Everyone else will hear the regular ringing or another call tone you specify. It is really cool! My friend on Verizon has a randomized song for when i call. It chooses between like 8 songs, so I rarely get bored. Its almost fun anticipating what will be played next! I dont know if Verizon can control which phone numbers or what times of day they are played like Sprint, but that is a cool feature!
Old 01/30/2007, 08:18 AM   #17 (permalink)

Oh, and the music is preloaded on their website. You dont upload your own music....yet!
Old 01/30/2007, 12:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

I have yet to hear one that I can bear to listen to.
jaharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2007, 08:53 AM   #19 (permalink)

Everyone at my store uses one. I have KISS- Detroit Rock City for most callers, Usher- Yeah for my daughter and Journey- Faithfully for my wife...for now. I change them about monthly.

I guess if people don't like them they won't call me...and that's ok with me.
Old 02/21/2007, 03:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

my niece has this cool feature - hers is gospel..Donnie Mcclurkin.."we fall down" - I love it! Makes me feel like shouting each time I hear it!
gdharvey is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0