Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    It will be the most successful Windows Mobile smartphone, for one reason, it's a Treo.
    I don't know about that. IMO I think most WM people are going to want something bigger than a 2x2 screen.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I don't know either, considering many WM phones have more features. I just found 2 smartphones(phone first, PDA features second) with built-in wi-fi! Although he could be right, considering the Treo's amazing form factor. Many may go for it. But those in the know about what's out there won't.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Actually, I am half interested in them lowering the screen resolution on the next Palm OS model -- just for the entertainment value of seeing the explosion and flames that would occur here. I just can't even imagine the posts that that would create.

(Yes, I am still positive -- I am postive there would be flames!)
    On which model? They could get away with it on Lowrider... the other two--I agree, major flamefest.
    I don't think i'll upgrade for a while, though if there really is Wi-Fi in it, I would. Not sure as of right now...
    Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise. - Ivan Pavlov
    Oh I'll definitely upgrade. Its only a matter of time before the OS is incompatable. Then again I can't wait to see pictures of the Lowrider, Hollywood and the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    Beats me. I need to see the specs first, and wait for a GSM unlocked one.
    My sentiments exactly! Adding to this, I need Call Filter and Profiles too.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hollywood or 700p. Not sure what feature will make me upgrade. WI-FI may do it. EVDO may, if Sprint doesn't charge any more for it.
    AT&T iPhone, My Blog!
    I probably will when my replacement T600 dies.
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    The selling point for me will be the Sprint EVDO which ANY TREO can benefit from as memory really isn't the problem, the slow *** network is the problem. Also if and I believe they will add GPS well then there goes the CC.
    As an emergency physician, the sheer amount of knowledge that I need to have at my fingertips at the point of care is enormous. I have run up against a memory barrier with the T600. I tried the T650 but the pain of migration was enormous particulary for SkyScape products. The only thing that would NOT sway me to upgrade is the same memory. I clearly need more storage space and, for a time, considered a life drive. One of my favorite programs on the Treo is PubMed on Tap a free program from the National Library of Medicine. To take advantage of EVDO with that program would be a dream come true. I rely on my Treo almost too much and could not live well without it in my work environment. Currently I have at least 8 major texts on my Treo in addition to numerous calculators and drug compendia. If the new 770P has as much program memory as the 700W I would even pay a premium over asking price to get it.
    No one should pay a premium for something that should have been standard in the first place!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The screen rez is a deal maker/breaker for me. I just can't go backwards in resolution.

While I use my 650 as lot, I also have a Verizon Samsung i730, and the EVDO is truly fast. However, the browser (pocket explorer) is just awful. I'd hope that the EVDO implementation on the Treo would include a browser that does a better job of displaying pages. Blazer doesn't cut it for me. Fast browsing is great - but pages that look like a jumble sucks. Also, "text only" browsing is a waste of EVDO, IMO.

So I'll check out the screen rez and the software set, and make my call then. Boy, wouldn't it be great if the bluetooth supported stereo headphones for video and MP3's?

Cheers!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    I will upgrade from my Treo 600 in a second. My Treo 600 is solid and has worked well for me so far, but I am jealous of those of you with the 320 x 320 screens, Bluetooth, and swappable batteries.

My minimal expectations for upgrading to the next Treo for Palm:
    - high-resolution screen: at least 320 x 320
    - BT 1.2: supporting MP3 playback
    - compatible with Treo 650 adapters
    - EV-DO
    - SD slot capable of handling more GB (ie: 4GB or greater cards)
    - more memory
    - 1.3 or greater megapixal resolution camera

My expectations, if Sprint asked me what to make available on the next/future Treo:
    - everything I mentioned above
    - Palm version and Windows version available for each carrier
    - GPS (this one may actually happen)
    - DMB capable (digital TV tuner)
    - 8GB or greater hard memory (not disc drive)
    - 5 or greater megapixal resolution camera with flash
    - two SD slots (at least full-size SD slot and mini SD slot)
    - RUIM slot (CDMA version of SIM card for GSM)
    - no antenna
    - thinner
    - option for removable, non-functioning flip cover (ie: lexan or similar). This is for putting in pocket without the bulk of an entire cover

These suggestions for future Treos are realistic for future models. Do you have any other recommendations for future Treo?

Thanks,
    Russell
    Good question:
    I just bought a refirb 650 to go with my used 600 that I got in Sept of this year. Honestly, I am quite pleased with my 650 aside from volume issues, but a headset has remedied that and so I am happy. I'd love more RAM (like my T5), and a browser that actually met standards (can stay the way it is, but tabbed mode plus support web standards would be good) would be nice for me. The 650 is good polish though. I am interested in seeing how the 700p would tweak that. I would assume that there might be some to be pulled from the 700w that would be applicable. Would be nice though.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    All I want from the 700p is the 650 + lots more memory. Include built-in WiFi and I will definitely upgrade.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I'm still considering... I'm out of my Sprint contract right now, so I'm waiting on the new palm Treo to see what kind of new contract dsicounts they will offer on the new device. Plus there are some really nice referral plans out there you can get via sprint rihgt now:

http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nex...pclanding.html

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4&page=1&pp=15

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I will probably upgrade but not for a while. My Sprint 650 is just over a year old so i have a bit to wait before I can get the good discounts. Plus I have gotten my 650 to where its just about perfect right now and dont feel like starting over with the teething pains of a new device just yet. EVDO will be great, but we dont have that here yet anyway.

Soo.. I'll let everyone else have fun/struggle/get frustrated over the thing when it first comes out then, in 6 months or so, will probably switch.
    Internal antenna = yes.
    External antenna = maybe.
    I have heard the arguments for and against Palm and WM5 and I have decided not to decide just yet. I have a 600 which still serves me well so I am in no rush. I have watched those in my company wrestle with the 650 issues and decided to skip the hassle for now. I know that I am no longer the alpha-geek in my office (ironically, guess who they still come to when their precious 650 gets a hangover or needs new software ) but I can live with that for the moment. I am with T-Mob and my contract is up in May. By then, the 700w should be THOROUGHLY dissected by everyone on this board and I can make an informed decision. Hopefully by then the 700p will be out and possibly a 700w unbranded for GSM (nirvana )

Amazingly, the one fact that will make me leap to WM5 is the storage capacity. As I've said before, I am wondering if it will be possible to use larger than a 2gb SD card or even if there is USB host capability and hardware to access an external USB hard drive. I have my reasons for doing so, I am just hoping for a miracle.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Palm has totally dropped the ball in not having a new Treo out for 14 months now. I still have a 600 because the 650 didn't have more RAM, which is my main need. You can have a 50 terabyte SD card and it still won't solve my problems. Web browser cache, docs to go, java, and any program I want to assign to a button must reside on internal RAM to function properly. This severly limits how much free space I have and it is a constant battle to even be usable for web.

The 700p needs at minimum 128MB, preferably 256 or 512. EVDO, WiFi, latest bluetooth, 320x320, and a browser that is usable and regularly updated. It also needs to be a lot thinner. My iPod video is smaller and it has a 60GB hard drive in it. Sadly I think it is going to be a long time before Palm comes out with a new Treo worth upgrading to.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast