Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_treo
    "I'm a little confused myself. Are you trying to state that WiFi is unimportant or just trying to press geckotec about a semantic issue with wordplay?"

Neither. He says that people are short-sighted and unimaginative and only view wifi as something one would use to browse the web or check email. His main example of why Wifi is better than EVDO in some areas is that you can use it to browse your local network directly. Ok, I agree. I'm just wondering what are some specific examples of why someone would want to do this on a Treo. Clearer? (I can think of one example besides streaming multimedia from your pc harddrive)
    Tim....didn't I just give 5 examples above? Having WIFI is often times not a matter of choosing it over other options, but having all options available for whatever situation you might be in. I will try to make reasons for wifi as clear and simple as possible:

• REAL STORY: When roaming......no data plan available. Hence WIFI would be your ONLY option for data and internet connection. I was travelling in WY, roaming. My boss calls and says there is a VITAL email for me I needed for my meeting in less than 20 minutes. Luckily there was a Hilton Hotel next door (Free WIFI). I walk over into their parking lot and throw in my WIFI card (no data plan because I was roaming) and download my email with the vital info.
    • REALITY: EVDO has limited coverage. So when not in EVDO area, and in a one of thousands of free WIFI areas it is a logical fastest online option.
    • SEVERAL REAL STORIES: I am in a building (office, airport, warehouse, etc...) where I am unable to get a cell signal, but there is Free WIFI avialable. I can give dozens of real experiences with this situation.
    • REAL STORY: I am comfortable on my lounge chair on the back deck and want to check the stats of the Big Game. I don't want to hike upstairs, boot up my desktop to check. I have a personal WIFI network at home, so I want to use that instead of using 80% slower data plan.
    • REAL STORY: I am in a meeting. No EVDO. I need info from the net FAST. I don't even have a laptop with me. WIFI in office, hence time is of enhance, I choose the fastest option available.
    • REAL STORY: I am in 6th line at airport. I hear only 3 seats left. I throw in my WIFI card into my PPC-6600 (free WIFI at Portland Airport you see) jump online and book my seat. When I am 2nd in line I hear her say all sold out. I get up there and get my ticket. If left with slow data plan I would probably have missed that important flight for work.

See.....this is what gets me....it is not an either / or debate. It is not an all or nothing debate. It is not even about putting WIFI into the device. It IS ABOUT at the very least offering the option for a WIFI card if they choose not to include wifi in the phone. It IS NOT ABOUT using WIFI all the time. It IS ABOUT having all available options available to you in whatever situation you are in.

I can put it in simpler terms if needed.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    You know hobbess, if you would read people's posts instead of rushing to advertise that year-old post you're so proud of, you would see I am asking a specific question:

Why would someone want to browse their own local network beyond browsing the web or checking email (which work just fine with a cell data plan)?

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    "REAL STORY: I am comfortable on my lounge chair on the back deck and want to check the stats of the Big Game. I don't want to hike upstairs, boot up my desktop to check. I have a personal WIFI network at home, so I want to use that instead of using 80% slower data plan."

And by the way, this point (the only one which was remotely germane to the dicussion of browsing ONES OWN LOCAL network) is silly - the rate limiting step in browsing the web on the treo is the poor performance of the browser rendering, not the connection speed.
    You know hobbess, if you would read people's posts instead of rushing to advertise that year-old post you're so proud of,
    The same questions have the same answers. No reason to waste my time rewriting the same answer for the same objections that are brought up over and over again.

And the Real Life examples I shared above were not in the original post you were refferring to.

you would see I am asking a specific question:

Why would someone want to browse their own local network beyond browsing the web or checking email (which work just fine with a cell data plan)?

I answered it above twice and still get the same question:
    REAL STORY: I am comfortable on my lounge chair on the back deck and want to check the stats of the Big Game. I don't want to hike upstairs, boot up my desktop to check. I have a personal WIFI network at home, so I want to use that instead of using 80% slower data plan.
    Objection to WIFI: You don't Need it, you are just using for fun, like streaming songs at home or checking stats during the big game. Just use your stereo or desktop .....what is wrong with having fun with a feature that is a widely available option to take advantage of for fun or entertainment. I am a road warrior power user, but I also include entertainment within the value of the device for me.
    I will even add some additional real life examples of how I have actually used my WIFI option over the last 13 months on my phone on my home WIFI network:
    • I don't have an iPod. No EVDO. I want to stream music from the web while I work around the house / yard.
    • I have ORB. I want to stream a movie from my Desktop for my child to entertain him while I am on the phone with my boss on my home phone.
    • My boss says he just emailed me with a large 3 mb spreadsheet. Would I want to use slow data plan or my home WIFI network to download it?
    • My wife is watching TV....my kids are working on homework on each computer I want to see the video highlights of the Tour De France that day. I use my home WIFI network to stream the video. Everyone is happy.

That is a total of 6 real life examples of how I have been able to take advantage of WIFI on my phone in the last year......not counting the really important situations I have used it with work.

It is funny how you seem to ignore all the WIFI examples I have given pertaining to the most important uses for it and ONLY focus on not needing it home...the least important reason to have it! If this was a phone JUST for the casual user then the 'don't need WIFI at home' argument would carry more weight, but this phone is more geared for and attracts the professionals more than the simply SMS users and gotta call my friend users. So instead of focusing on only one.....personal....use of WIFI, I do look at the whole picture.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 12/31/2005 at 01:13 PM.
    "REAL STORY: I am comfortable on my lounge chair on the back deck and want to check the stats of the Big Game. I don't want to hike upstairs, boot up my desktop to check. I have a personal WIFI network at home, so I want to use that instead of using 80% slower data plan."

And by the way, this point (the only one which was remotely germane to the dicussion of browsing ONES OWN LOCAL network) is silly - the rate limiting step in browsing the web on the treo is the poor performance of the browser rendering, not the connection speed.
    Since I own my office for work, I consider that my personal network as well. But the examples I listed above are just focusing on home.

Again....I think this is yet another case in point when it when comes down to those who object it seems to come down to justifying one's personal needs going beyond the realm of those who are personally objecting to even offering an option for a WIFI card.

is silly - the rate limiting step in browsing the web on the treo is the poor performance of the browser rendering, not the connection speed.
    If that is true then I really did make the right choice to dump the treo and get my PPC. This should then be a great point to bring to Palm to make sure the the next gen models are capable of browsing the net if some of the basic connectivity options that the competition is now offering is going to offered on the 700w.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 12/31/2005 at 12:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    "I have ORB. I want to stream a movie from my Desktop for my child to entertain him while I am on the phone with my boss on my home phone."

Like anybody hands their kid their $600 dollar phone to watch movies on.

"My boss says he just emailed me with a large 3 mb spreadsheet. Would I want to use slow data plan or my home WIFI network to download it?"

Like anybody tries to view and and edit a 3MB excel file on a 2 inch screen when they can walk over to a pc - especially when it's from your boss and you want to make sure it looks right.

Ok. So you're real answers come down to 1) multimedia streaming 2) I'm too lazy to get off the couch.

I think Palm's marketing guys are spot-on as Bobc has pointed out. They have about 95+% of the market covered.

"Again....I think this is yet another case in point when it when comes down to those who object it seems to come down to justifying one's personal needs going beyond the realm of those who are personally objecting to even offering an option for a WIFI card."

An add on card on card from a third party is fine with everybody. Who opposes that? Not me.

And finally, cut out the moral high ground nonsense. We're talking about features on a cell phone, not starving children in Africa. It's ALL RIGHT to be selfish about what features one would like to see in the next generation. If Palm diverts resources to integrated wifi, that's less resources for features I (and 95% of others) would like to see, and longer wait times on tech support due to all the people complaining about dropped wifi connections.
    "I have ORB. I want to stream a movie from my Desktop for my child to entertain him while I am on the phone with my boss on my home phone."

"My boss says he just emailed me with a large 3 mb spreadsheet. Would I want to use slow data plan or my home WIFI network to download it?"

Like anybody tries to view and and edit a 3MB excel file on a 2 inch screen when they can walk over to a pc - especially when it's from your boss and you want to make sure it looks right.

Ok. So you're real answers come down to 1) multimedia streaming 2) I'm too lazy to get off the couch.
    Tim...I do everyone of those type of things on my phone every day and it does make a difference. You ask for real examples for home use only...not real world work use. I give you 6 of them. You shoot everyone of them down because you don't need it, yet fail again to recognize that there just might be a slightest possibility that others....maybe a lot of others...actually do do it.

• Yes I view and MUST have spreadsheets on my phone for work (and I agree the small screen size has been the biggest con in order to have the good form factor pro). As I have listed SEVERAL examples above there are times I need information without availability or pratical use of a laptop or desktop. Again....working traveling professional.
    • Yes I have shared my phone with my family. (and if you MUST know EVERY detail of EVERY need that anyone would POSSIBLY need for Wifi, my wife was there with my son watching the movie on my phone...... )
    • Yes I count the entertainment value of my phone....which does include....but by far is not limited to....streaming music and movies for nothing more than entertainment value with a feature that saves my backside at work.
    • Lazy? Maybe, only if you feel it is practical to carry around a laptop while working in the yard? Or again, I needed the spreadsheet on my phone for work anyways, which makes it is a moot point to boot up the laptop.

Again....unable to comprehend or recognize that there just might be needs or even wants beyond your own personal scope.....or failure to recognize uses that you could or would use if you were given the tool in the first place.

And finally, cut out the moral high ground nonsense. We're talking about features on a cell phone, not starving children in Africa.
    No moral high ground, but you don't seem to understand that having connectivity in any given situation someone might be in could cost them their job (again see multi examples above) is vital. That personally ranks pretty high on my priority list.

If Palm diverts resources to integrated wifi, that's less resources for features I (and 95% of others) would like to see, and longer wait times on tech support due to all the people complaining about dropped wifi connections.
    Again these points have already been brought up in this very thread and answered by several people. There are already several phones being offered with WIFI in competition with the Treo and many are started to take notice. Here is what I have already said on this thread about Palm offering it, prior to your last round of objections to using WIFI.

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    As you stated not every customer needs WIFI, but there are also those either want it or need it. You are right in saying exactly what I said over a year ago.....Palm does need to evaluate the needs vs loss of business. I am just not sure if Palm can afford to make the wrong decision whatever it is.
    I think the bottom line is to give the customer EVERY opportunity to get connectivity in ANY given situation he/she is in. If research shows that Wifi would NOT be supported by a majority of the customers, then at least make it an available addon to those who do want it or, more importantly, to those who NEED it.

It is supply and demand....depending on the demand, then supply Wifi in the phone or as an addon....but the fact is, as several other threads have proved, there is a demand and there should be a supply to meet the demands of those customers.
    If WIFI is such an issue with extremes on both ends....those who don't need it, never want to see it in their phone....and those who absolutely need it so they dump the Treo for a phone with WIFI....why don't they do the same thing as when they offer a camera model and a cameraless model? Why couldn't Palm offer a Treo and a TreoWIFI for $30-50 more? Everyone is happy, extra cost for Palm all or mostly covered, and then Palm would be able to get real hard feedback with the desire/need for WIFI once and for all. AND all customers are happy. Then these endless I need WIFI....no you don't need WIFI debates would finally end.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/04/2006 at 04:01 PM.
    And finally, cut out the moral high ground nonsense. We're talking about features on a cell phone, not starving children in Africa. It's ALL RIGHT to be selfish about what features one would like to see in the next generation. If Palm diverts resources to integrated wifi, that's less resources for features I (and 95% of others) would like to see, and longer wait times on tech support due to all the people complaining about dropped wifi connections.
    Dood, it's pretty lame that you feel I have to justify myself to you. Any reason I come up with you will shoot down without truly understanding anything. But I will say that there are places in our buildings (warehouse space) where a PC is not handy but I may need quick access to the network. Or maybe all PCs in the area are being used and I don't want to kick a user off their PC.

Like I said, it's a productivity tool and the addition of WiFi will give me more possibilities to be more productive and possibly respond to requests from executives or network emergencies in a more timely manner. I am THE (only) IT guy so I have to be constantly available and ready for anything. (And no, streaming media is not something I do....ever.)

Yes, it is alright to be selfish on what we want. However, you are making a bunch of assumptions (and we know what that means.) Exactly what resource do you require that Palm will divert resources from? You don't know because as far as any of us know they could divert resources from developing a purple dinosaur version of the Treo.

And any company releasing a product will take into consideration support and hire accordingly (always at the minimum though.) But it's not like WiFi is new. They will be spared the problems that come with a brand new technology. Therefore, I think you guys overestimate the need for support. Besides, no matter what (WiFi or not) there will be something that clogs the phone lines. Anybody here buy the A500 from Sprint the day it came out and fight with tech support from Sprint to get Vision working? What a fiasco that was.

I'm really done with this conversation. Tim, you're just being a troll and unreasonable.

With all that said, I'll probably end up changing to a PPC-6700 or an I730. I've contacted some carriers to bring me demo units and expect to evaluate throughout January. I hate to move to the dark side, but the feature set M$ came up with using Exchange SP2 and WM5 are too tempting.
    Last edited by Geckotek; 12/31/2005 at 01:26 AM.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    WiFi points have been stated, very clearly, why we need it. I myself am now a WM5.0 user because of this oversight. I know I'm not alone. Repeating ourselves isn't going to help if ppl like Tim are just going to not listen. I've already stated that international travellers and those unwilling to fork $50-$100 a month for EVDO are screwed in this plan, if some people choose to not listen, then so be it, but I think we should get this thread back on track. If some people believes a loss of customers is good business practice, then so be it.

My 2 (canadian) cents
    Treo 600 --> Dell Axim x51v --> Copper 680
    I'm just going to say that it would be nice if people who keep saying "just use EVDO, nothing else matters" would realize that there is *CHOICE AND AVAILABILITY OF OTHER DATA CONNECTIONS* ! I would like to know how to use EVDO on GSM for instance, when it's supposedly not available for it?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/03/2006 at 07:19 PM. Reason: People objecting to me questioning what the real deal is.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

I think Palm's marketing guys are spot-on as Bobc has pointed out. They have about 95+% of the market covered.

"Again....I think this is yet another case in point when it when comes down to those who object it seems to come down to justifying one's personal needs going beyond the realm of those who are personally objecting to even offering an option for a WIFI card."

An add on card on card from a third party is fine with everybody. Who opposes that? Not me.

Well most people do want wi-fi on their phone. It's not necessarily a bad theory that the reason Palm doesnt implement this is because the Wireless companies don't want to encourage the development of a free network (802.11) that directly competes with their data services.
    You know hobbess, if you would read people's posts instead of rushing to advertise that year-old post you're so proud of, you would see I am asking a specific question:

How bout cause it's free and easy and prolly faster?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    You really cleared a lot up for me Hobbes and for that I thank you.
    I'd love WiFi on my Treo 650. I'd use it for email every time I passed a Starbucks or any other hotspot.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart
    Bob-C, this is not directed at you personally....

I have seen this statement (EVDO speed is comparable to WIFI) made here repeatedly and it seems to have become an accepted idea, which is NOT correct. The CDMA carriers have marketed this idea to promote their "premium" services and to downgrade the idea that Wi-Fi is desirable. Check the published specs for data transfer speed for both and you will see that Wi-Fi runs rings around EVDO (and the upcoming HSPDA). Yes, real world results are slower...for BOTH technologies. But the fact remains that in the real world Wi-Fi is much faster than 3G.

As I stated before, I think we have some carrier trolls in our midst "spinning" this idea that the speeds are comparable and Wi-Fi is simply redundant. Check out this link...

http://wifinetnews.com/archives/004687.html

I am not associated in anyway with any Wi-Fi hardware, software or service provider. I think Hobbes has the right attitude about Wi-Fi. You don't want or need it, fine. But acknowledge that some of us see valid reasons for wanting Wi-Fi. I think the percentage of folks who would see Wi-Fi as a positive reason for upgrading to the new Treo(s) or buying one for the first time is far larger than the naysayers are admitting.

Then why hasn't Palm included it on previous Treos? As has been pointed out many times, Palm sells to carriers who set the specs.
    Hey - no problem. I don't take this personally. As Tim says, I keep in mind that we are just talking about a phone. On the other hand though, it strongly looks as if a lot of these pro-WIFI people are taking this VERY personally. Especially those who accuse any disagreeing with them of working for CDMA carriers. You have no idea how idiotic that sounds. Especially when I work for one phone company (land line unit - not cellular) but have my personal cell phone from a competitor's service because I'm not paying $45/mo for data server when I can pay just $15/mo. Especially after they just discontinued my pension forcing me to save more money any way I can for retirement. So accusing me of trolling for a CDMA company makes me fall off my seat laughing. Please! Someone help me up!

For the record, I have never said that I wouldn't like WIFI. I just said that putting it on a Treo does not fit into Palm's business plan that I outlined. I did not say they would make more or less money if they included WIFI, I was just trying to point out that it is a business plan that returned the company to profitability after a long run of red ink. So don't expect them to change it.

I love playing with my girlfriend's WIFI laptop when she comes over because it hooks right into my wireless network and I can check my fantasy football scores without getting up off the couch and missing any of the Eagles game. (Even though that is probably a bad thing this year). When her laptop is not there I check it on my Treo with my data plan. I would love to do it via WIFI because in this situation it would be faster but both accomplish the same goal of not getting my **** up off the couch. I suspect that this is the type of thing most of you want but are coming up with all these other extreme examples that are much less likely to be prime motivators. Maybe not all of you - so don't take it personally - but probably the majority of people who want WIFI.

As far as WIFI speed vs. EVDO goes though, it is impossible to declare one as being faster than another. In the example of a home network, WIFI will most likely be faster. But if you go into Starbucks and they have 1.5 T1 that you are sharing with 10 other people that are surfing the web and downloading their 3 MB Excel files on their laptops, then EVDO will likely be much faster than sharing the WIFI's T1. That is why I say they are comparable speeds rather than one being faster than the other. It would depend on a case by case basis. And realistically, Verizon's coverage for EVDO within the United States is going to be a lot better than finding WIFI hotspots. The circumstance of being in some place where WIFI is more likely available instead of EVDO means that you are not in the United States. I admit that I did not think of this scenario since I do not travel outside of our borders. But since Verizon is targetting the USA with the next Treo, it just doesn't make sense for the Palm to include this feature on a phone that is being made exclusively for them to market as their flagship phone for selling EVDO.

Like I said, I would love WIFI. But as Tim said, I don't want development resources moved away from other features of the Treo that are in more desperate need of upgrading. Especially on the Palm OS side. I would rather have Palm do things like upgrade Bluetooth to support stereo and upgrade the browser. Especially since the browser I have now is becoming increasingly less useful as many websites move to scripting languages it does not support. I could check my fantasy scores faster with WIFI but I still couldn't get player scoring details because my browser doesn't have enough JAVA/Javascript support. How ridiculous is that?

Let's face it, Palm is not Microsoft. It does not have the ability to target developing every possible feature. They have to throw some out of the lifeboat so to speak. That is if you want to see Palm OS survive. Otherwise it will not be able to keep up with Windows Mobile. I am already skeptical that it can anyway, even if, but here's to hoping. Since I assume that EVDO on Sprint will be more reasonably priced than that of the other cellular company and will have comparative coverage over the next year, and since WIFI speed vs. EVDO is comparable, it makes the feature an obvious candidate to be thrown off the lifeboat. With my apologies to those living and working outside the USA.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    A question I have regarding the 700p is: Is it stuck with a 240x240 display, or will they use a palm standard 320x320?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    And realistically, Verizon's coverage for EVDO within the United States is going to be a lot better than finding WIFI hotspots. The circumstance of being in some place where WIFI is more likely available instead of EVDO means that you are not in the United States. But since Verizon is targetting the USA with the next Treo, it just doesn't make sense for the Palm to include this feature on a phone that is being made exclusively for them to market as their flagship phone for selling EVDO.

Since I assume that EVDO on Sprint will be more reasonably priced than that of the other cellular company and will have comparative coverage over the next year, and since WIFI speed vs. EVDO is comparable, it makes the feature an obvious candidate to be thrown off the lifeboat.
    I think there are two misconceptions in play here.

First, this is not a WIFI vs EVDO debate, but rather having all options of connectivity in any given situation while on the road....and not limited to only EVDO areas.

And second, a belief that EVDO is wide spread enough to warrent WIFI useless. I believe as you do that EVDO would make WIFI reduntant if it was not so sparsely available. Here are some of my comments from the 700w thread about this topic:

But even though VZ may be launching the device, I doubt it will be the only carrier to offer it. I was just curious about their "Broadband Access" coverage and here is the map for the Northwest:

Purple = Wireless Broadband Speed Access Coverage
    Yellow = National Cell phone access coverage
    White = No coverage

Again, I do fully agree that EVDO is the answer....I personally cannot wait to get it and plan on using it A LOT......but it just isn't there yet as a all around solution. I think another 2 years we will see a huge difference....or maybe not....but until then all the VZ people in yellow on the map does not have access to EVDO and then is stuck with dialup speed data plans and everyone in white are roaming and have no data plans.

It looks like Sprint has a bigger EVDO footprint on the West than VZ does:

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...Portland,%20Or

As I noted before it does come down to a business decision of saving money not offering features the competition is offering vs loss of sales because customers need or want it.

I do have to travel a lot visiting retail locations of major chains. As you can see by the maps above there are HUGE chunks of land that have NO cell service at all....or at the very least roaming ....let alone EVDO or any data plans available (when roaming no data plans).

Back east there is a pretty good blanket of coverage for at least data plans (with still pretty limited EVDO in only major metro areas). Once you start hitting the western states of WA, OR, N CA, ID, WY, MT, NV, AZ, etc....once you stray too far from the main freeway, you are out of luck with data....no matter what carrier you are using.

I just hate putting my responsibilities of my job on hold because a cell carrier does not provide non-roaming coverage in a area while at the same time denying me WIFI access.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/04/2006 at 04:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Hey - no problem. I don't take this personally. As Tim says, I keep in mind that we are just talking about a phone. On the other hand though, it strongly looks as if a lot of these pro-WIFI people are taking this VERY personally. Especially those who accuse any disagreeing with them of working for CDMA carriers. You have no idea how idiotic that sounds. Especially when I work for one phone company (land line unit - not cellular) but have my personal cell phone from a competitor's service because I'm not paying $45/mo for data server when I can pay just $15/mo. Especially after they just discontinued my pension forcing me to save more money any way I can for retirement. So accusing me of trolling for a CDMA company makes me fall off my seat laughing. Please! Someone help me up!
    I am happy to see you didn't take this personally. Although I could care less whether you do or not. It was not aimed at you. But I have seen statements by others here that make me suspicious. Are you saying it is not possible that a carrier with a vested interest would not try to "spin" opinions towards its interests in the primary website for one of its large handset manufacturers?

Yes, it's just a phone. But it represents millions of dollars of business for carriers and Wi-Fi represents a threat to their business model. If it didn't they wouldn't specifically exclude it from their specs now would they? No apologies here.
    For those of you who keep chanting (in a Zen mantra way) about the cell phone companies insisting on no wifi in the phones stop the nonsense because it is just not true. We who have PPC-6700's have that feature and Sprint made no attempt to disable it so we can use their data service exclusively. Think about it like this: If they still charge me the same for service and open up another efficient way to connect to data I will tax their system a lot less and they actually make more money off me having a wifi connection. So please stop the nonsense, it is your beloved Palm who is not making it available because they want to sell you a Treo800w in October with wifi (or one of many other promises of increased feature set or slightly changed key shapes). Get over it that Palm is taking you to the cleaners...the Kool-Aid is chilling. Don't believeme? Look at the TC cover story about the Treo Memory Lane and the way we have all been like Lemmings and letting them get away with this.
    I'm not so sure. It's interesting how wi-fi phones are very few and far between with US carriers(less than one per carrier now). Not so in other areas. Yeah Palm probably screwed us over too, being that they can put wi-fi and serious memory on the TX and Lifedrive, no problem. I think they may indeed have caved in to the request of carriers. The wi-fi card support on the 700w is Palm's attempt to appease customers demanding wi-fi without interfering with Verzion's data plan.

Anyway, by the time Oct. comes around, I may have moved entirely to WM5 devices already. Only a serious miracle upgrade would get me to buy another Palm OS Treo, sorry to say.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast