Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I don't currently own a Treo 650 because I am waiting to get the 700. I will also be purchasing either an mp3 or ipod, but I was wondering if I could download my music to the Treo and save a little money.

Does anyone else use their Treo to listen to music? If so how is the sound quality? I have Bose headphones.
    It comes with RealPlayer pre-installed (ROM)
    Quality good. For non-Treo headphones you'll need an plug adapter AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$'$ll$ $find$ $that$ $at$ $almost$ $any$ $online$ $store$ $selling$ $Treo$ $accessories$.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    plays video as well
    Stanford...go take a look in the software/multimedia section of this forum...You will find 1000's of people use it as a Treo-Pod...works just fine (supports upto 2Gb on an SD card)

www.seidioonline.com (and others) sell a cheap little adapter so you could use a bose headset...or they sell their own stereo headsets that plug right into the 2.5mm audio jack on the bottom of the treo
  5. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Here are the adapters, as listed in TreoCentral's store:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../73-75--13.htm

http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--337.htm

RealPlayer is bundled on the 650. We'll have to see what comes on the 700w. For a 700p, Palm may bundle PocketTunes like on the T|X.

You could also go for AeroPlayer (I've been using it since I got my T3, and since then on my 650).
    It's not going to blow you away as a dedicated mp3 player. The treo does a good job of being an all-in-one device. The iPod will certainly be better and more intuitive in terms of playing your music. The 2 GB limit is a factor if you like to carry all your music.

It's a decent option if you want to listen to some tunes once in a while and not have the burden of carrying 2 or more devices with you.
    I just got my treo650 a few days ago and I've been using it as an mp3 player since I got it. Just needed to get an adaptor at Radio Shack to go from 3.5mm to 2.5mm on the jack. Like everyone else said, it doesnt have all the features as an Ipod if your using real player, but it still works great. For an all in one, you cant beat it.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I just got a really nice Jabra stereo headset that is also meant to be used for the phone as well. For some reason I only get sound outta the right ear? Whats wrong?
  9. jgk
    On a similar theme, I've just got a 1GB SD card (at last!) for my T650 and so have loaded up multiple MP3 files and dtarted using RealPlayer.

1. Is there a way to improve the organisation of files - all I see is a flat list of file names. Any folder options or tips to better organise these MP3 files, not all of which have meaningful or useful filenames?

2. For thsoe which have filenames which are completely eaningful, is there a way to rename these files on the Treo? Or do I have to do it on the PC and then reload to Treo?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by jgk
    On a similar theme, I've just got a 1GB SD card (at last!) for my T650 and so have loaded up multiple MP3 files and dtarted using RealPlayer.

1. Is there a way to improve the organisation of files - all I see is a flat list of file names. Any folder options or tips to better organise these MP3 files, not all of which have meaningful or useful filenames?

2. For thsoe which have filenames which are completely eaningful, is there a way to rename these files on the Treo? Or do I have to do it on the PC and then reload to Treo?

TIA
    Try taking a look at ptunes (pocket tunes). While recent versions of Realplayer on Windows/Mac have been decent, the one on the Treo is terrible.

Ptunes will help you organize your files, and display the names according to the artist/song/album etc.

Probably better to rename the file on your PC using itunes or whatever music player you use.
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    I just got a really nice Jabra stereo headset that is also meant to be used for the phone as well. For some reason I only get sound outta the right ear? Whats wrong?
    It's not compatible with the Treo. You should get one from Seidio if you want a stereo headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgk

TIA
    Use FileZ, a freeware, to rename your files on the treo or the SD card.
  13. jgk
    Brilliant, guys.

Thanks for your help.
    I would not use the real player. It simply is featureless. I would recommend Pocket Tunes. You will also need a stereo adapter http://store.treocentral.com/content...12-45--337.htm

I have had the Treo for 1 year and my experience using it as an mp3 player is great. While it is no ipod, you can get about 200-250 songs using a 1 gig sd card. As you might notice, all this (adapter, pocket tunes, sd card) will cost you about another $150.
    However it is worth it for me since I dont have to carry an additional device around.
    Hope this helps
    If you have subscription music like Yahoo, you can play those with PocketTunes Deluxe.
    yup
    according to the pocket tunes website
    " Music stores that we have tested include: Napster, Real Rhapsody, Yahoo! Music Engine. Pocket Tunes supports both subscription and purchased content."
    ive been using my treo as my mp3 player with real player and im sorta dissatisfied. i think im just gonna end up buying an iPod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus88
    ive been using my treo as my mp3 player with real player
    Thats the problem right there. Before you give up on the treo, you might want to try Pocket Tunes. I had an ipod and the only real positive is that it can hold a lot of music files. Since I dont nee more that 250 songs, I very happy with my Treo and the 1gig sd card.
    I used to have a 10GB iPod and now I have a Treo with a 2GB card. IMO the Treo can replace 95% of my iPod's functionality and daily use.

P.S. pTunes is one of the best music software I have used. And I am comparing it to the software on PC, Mac, iPod, PSP etc.
    What does everyone not like about the treo as an mp3 as opposed to the ipod. The only difference I see is that if you use real player, you cant really organize the songs too well. But who cares, all the songs you have on there are songs that you like. Ipod just seems like a waste of money to me if you already have the treo. Ipod is also more restrictive on the files you can put on it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast