Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree. The treo (or ppc) can do just fine provided you have a good set of headphones and a big sd card.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I am happy with using my Treo as an MP3 player, and I don't even have that big a SD card.

Pocket Tunes Deluxe is awesome, with streaming audio, excelent file organization, fine integration with Windows Media 10, licensed content support, WMA and OGG support, skins, rear speaker, etc...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    No contest.....I'm a geek and usually have every new device. Treo has ruined me, I hate all-in-ones (one device to do one function really well is the way to go!), but I cant argue against my treo.

The only debate vs ipod is capacity, period, the music is digital and D/A converters have been around for 40 years (so the treo's is fine, lol). Treo with 1 gb SD card, a few HUNDRED songs and a movie or 2 (200mb)....plus all my medical books/palm programs....and a phone with GREAT RF. Fuhgidaboudit
  4.    #24  
    Thanks to everyone for the advice and suggestions!! Now, can anyone tell me about the sound quality when you listen to music through your 650? Also, has anyone used the Ultimate ears earbuds or the etymotic earbuds with their Treo? I'm looking for really high-end earbuds. I'm even considering the Ultimate ears 10 pro, which cost around $900.00.

The only reason I don't want to spring for the ipod and the 700, is that I like having one player. If the sound quality of the Treo is poor, I'll go ahead and get the ipod.
    Hi Stanford !!

The quality of sound reproduction, in my opinion, has always been highly listener-centric and subjective. I remember the 70's and 80's when everyone contested who had the best set of speakers for their stereo.

Anyway, I would suggest listening to a your favorite mp3 (same compression) on an iPod and on a Treo 650 thru a good (and the same) headphone set -- and make your own conclusion on which device delivers the superior sound, and if the difference is worth carrying two devices, or before spending $900 on a pair of earbuds. (The chain of reproduction is only as good as it's weakest link.)

Personally, RealPlayer on the Treo 650, Real Network songs and my Seidio 2n1 Headset are just fine for me. I also, play my RealNetwork songs thru my Treo into powered Monsoon computer speakers in my office at work and the sound seems complete and full bodied to me.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/27/2005 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford
    Thanks to everyone for the advice and suggestions!! Now, can anyone tell me about the sound quality when you listen to music through your 650? Also, has anyone used the Ultimate ears earbuds or the etymotic earbuds with their Treo? I'm looking for really high-end earbuds. I'm even considering the Ultimate ears 10 pro, which cost around $900.00.

The only reason I don't want to spring for the ipod and the 700, is that I like having one player. If the sound quality of the Treo is poor, I'll go ahead and get the ipod.
    I use the etymotic e6i's. Amazing sound. Bass not strong but natural. I like the e6i's because of the low impedence.
    the sound quality of the ipod is on the lower end of the DAP spectrum. I think the Treo is equivalent if not better. Good headphones make a huge difference.

Are you going to be using an adapter wiht the headphones? I have had problems with using the original jack since the first time I used it..

spending $900 on a set of earbuds?!?! Send me your Treo and I can install a 3.5mm audio jack in your antenna for $100.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Just curious if there is any difference in setting up podcasts for downloading using the treo? Is this controlled by the Pocket Tunes s/w?
    what do you mean by s/w?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=PODCASTS

IS POST #7 or #9 in the above thread what you are looking for?

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=PODCASTS

IS POST #7 or #9 in the above thread what you are looking for?

Cheers, Perry.
    Wow, thanks Perry, that's more than I expected ... the ability to download live internet radio ... very cool.

I pick up my first treo next week & am just planning all the cool things I can do with it. It's overwhelming!

BTW tj, s/w = software
    . . . . . . . . . . And have a Great New Year !!
    There is actually a 4GB SD card out (www.newegg.com) - is there any reson why the treo will not support this?

Also, how does one place a 3.5mm jack in the antenna?
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle
    Also, how does one place a 3.5mm jack in the antenna?
    go to http://treotricks.blogspot.com/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12