1.    #1  
    About a week ago I was on the PalmOne site & I read something there about some new software PalmOne was making available to Treo 650 owners. At the time, I wondered if anyone had heard of it, was using it, etc - & was going to check here to see what anyone thought of it, but I didn't have time.

Now I've gone back to the PalmOne site and I can't find anything anywhere about some new software. Does anyone remember seeing something recently, or am I imagining that I saw something that was never there (haven't been sleeping well lately, so you never know!)?

Does anyone have a clue what I may have seen?

Patti
    What sort of software were you refering to.
    BlackBerry Connect is supposed to be coming. Maybe that was it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Was it some kind of volume boosting software?
    Could be the software/firmware upgrade, that is supposed to help ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  6.    #6  
    I figured out what it was. In just the last couple of days I got an email from "Palm Treo News" about last minuted shipping on gifts, & in this email they mentioned Avvenu - something to let you access your "home or office computer" from your Treo. This is what I had seen and was wondering about.

Thanks,
    Patti
    Oh yeah, I saw that too. Found the link. It's supposed to be free if anyone is interested.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...650/avvenu.epl
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    SFTP solution? Well I suppose this is plus for those who run servers out of their house. I always thought my FTP/SSH/VNC combo was all I needed, but this might be interesting. I'll try it out.

EDIT:

Old school networking man! Anyone ever hear of something called RemotelyAnywhere or I'mInTouch? Basically gives you access to all your files through a web interface so that you can download them directly to your computer or phone. My only gripe is that it doesn't appear to let you upload. So don't throw your FTP software out the window yet. All in all, it's a nifty little application, but needs improvement.

EDIT:

I lied, it creates a specific directory for you to upload to. You can't upload to any directory you like. It's definately worth checking out for you guys who are always on the run or already have a server. I can see how this application could save your skin once in awhile. Plus you can share files but only to people who already have an account. You have to put in all your contacts and you can share files with those people.

EDIT:

Login via Treo scales very nicely, however the actual interface between you and your server could be better, images are too big and not properly formatted. The login and interface from a normal computer is much more astheticly pleasing (obviously) and more streamlined.
    Last edited by FrozenCode; 12/18/2005 at 09:21 PM.

Is that site, avvenu.com, secure? I wonder.

can you access music files and play them too?
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    SFTP solution? Well I suppose this is plus for those who run servers out of their house. I always thought my FTP/SSH/VNC combo was all I needed, but this might be interesting. I'll try it out.

EDIT:

Old school networking man! Anyone ever hear of something called RemotelyAnywhere or I'mInTouch? Basically gives you access to all your files through a web interface so that you can download them directly to your computer or phone. My only gripe is that it doesn't appear to let you upload. So don't throw your FTP software out the window yet. All in all, it's a nifty little application, but needs improvement.

EDIT:

I lied, it creates a specific directory for you to upload to. You can't upload to any directory you like. It's definately worth checking out for you guys who are always on the run or already have a server. I can see how this application could save your skin once in awhile. Plus you can share files but only to people who already have an account. You have to put in all your contacts and you can share files with those people.

EDIT:

Login via Treo scales very nicely, however the actual interface between you and your server could be better, images are too big and not properly formatted. The login and interface from a normal computer is much more astheticly pleasing (obviously) and more streamlined.
    So this is like "Go to My PC" for the Treo?