1.    #1  
    I am a current Cingular customer, and I have a Nokia 3120. I recently bought a Treo 650 off of ebay. I am told, that I can just put my sim card in and it will work. I am wondering if I will have to change my plan to get all of the features of my new Treo.
    if you want to surf the web or check your email you will need a data account..
    on top of your voice plan...
    I have the unlimited data plan.. it's 40.00 month... but i use email and like to have the ability to surf the net when needed.. (i can connect my laptop to the treo and surf the net while on the road.. )
    I have heard that there is a media net plan that is only 20.00 a month..
    you might want to check that out..
    (some people say they won't sell you the 20.00 media plan if they know you have a treo - don't tell them ... just ask to add the media net plan on your account)

If you are not using it for email and don't want to surf the net with it -
    then you probably won't need a data plan..
    you could go with the per KB cost.. .02 a KB..

but you don't need a data plan just because you have a treo...
  3.    #3  
    I can connect to the Media Net with my 3120. My current plan is 69.99 a month. I wasn't sure if there was more to it than that. Thanks for the info.
    same media net settings should work on the treo...
    just be carefull .. if you do not have a data plan they will charge you per kilobyte downloaded.. (check cingulars site for the exact amount..)

hope it helps..
  5.    #5  
    ok, i don't have a media plan. i just pay for the time that i am on the net. i will probably need to look into a data plan. i wonder how cingular will act since i didn't buy the treo from them?
    Quote Originally Posted by techjunky
    ok, i don't have a media plan. i just pay for the time that i am on the net. i will probably need to look into a data plan. i wonder how cingular will act since i didn't buy the treo from them?
    Dude, just get the Media Net. Connect it via the Cingular website and you will be good. Get the $19.99 unlimited
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    make sure you confirm what you are getting - 19.95 unlimited may not really be unlimited (I don't think it is available for 19.95 anymore).

enjoy
    It was available as of last night on the Cingular website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    It was available as of last night on the Cingular website.
    Yep, it was. And if you want text messages you can ask for Add-on packages. I chose 200 text messages for $5 since I don't text message much.
    Pat

Unlocked Cingular Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
  10.    #10  
    thanks for everyones input. now i just need my treo to arrive.