Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    How much does Cingular charge for international service and data? Or is your phone unlocked?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    My phone is unlocked. I am not sure on the International roaming.....My company pays for this anyway when I am on the road. maybe Wifi is a bigger issue for the non-corporate user since they are footing the bill for any international phone/data roaming. In that instance I coujld see the benefit of Wifi to save money.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I am on Cingular and travel all over the US but most of my travel is international....I have never had a problem with connectivity for my phone or Internet. I just do not get it on the Wifi. I mean what I am goign to access differenlty via Wifi that I cannot already access? For me I do not care if Wifi is in the thing or not as long as I can use my phone and get to the Internet.
    I was thinking more about CDMA users who travel overseas and can't get service, wifi would be nice to keep up with email (and on the PPC Skype would work too.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I was thinking more about CDMA users who travel overseas and can't get service, wifi would be nice to keep up with email (and on the PPC Skype would work too.)
    Good point....CDMA would benefit from wifi
    <3 WiFi

It's nice to get out of Cingular's network once in awhile. They may not allow PPTP, but the crap Linksys router in a coffee shop does. I can VPN into my network and change settings on my router without having to buy fancy Cisco stuff to use a VPN solution. Also, I was in Atlanta a month ago and believe it or not Cingular has a dead spot or two around mid town and Buckhead, and there was the infamous coffee shop again, it would have been nice to be able to use WiFi to check up on things and make sure my stuff was still up. WiFi has ginormous advantages to it to make up for the battery disadvantage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123