1.    #1  
    I have had since the original treo 300 a no charge data plan. My current plan is 2000 anytimg minutes, no cost for data, no charge for extra phone.

Big surprise on my bill this month. $77 dollars for data charges.

I called got charges off, but they said sprint-nextell not honoring my plan. I must get a new one.

This seems to me a serious issue. I am wondering if others have had similar problems of having their free data plan converted to a costly charge one without any notification?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc
    I have had since the original treo 300 a no charge data plan. My current plan is 2000 anytimg minutes, no cost for data, no charge for extra phone.

Big surprise on my bill this month. $77 dollars for data charges.

I called got charges off, but they said sprint-nextell not honoring my plan. I must get a new one.

This seems to me a serious issue. I am wondering if others have had similar problems of having their free data plan converted to a costly charge one without any notification?

Thanks.

If your in a contract I can't see how they can legally do this. Sprint is really getting funny with data plans.
    Less cell phone companies means less competition.
    The only reason I am with Sprint and not Verizion is because of their $15/mo unlimited data plan... vs. Verizion's $45/mo. If that changes... I'll, unfortunately, have more choices!
    -meonline
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Sprint has charged people in the past when they have had "excessive" internet usage. This wasn't uncommon when people overused apps like PDAnet with their treo. The only people I remember that effecting were those who used their vison plan and dropped their regular ISP.

I is against Sprints policy to use your phone as a modem for your computer. THey generally look the other way so long as you are not abusive. In cases where their has been abuse they will tell you to get a pay per killo byte plan.

Does this sound like what happened to you?
    Check you plan. If it's not in writing, then you have no case unfortunately. I had a simiilar issue a while back, but b/c I had saved a written copy of my plan when I intially activated it and had the exceptions listed in writing, they had to honor them...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I have the same 2000 minute plan from the treo 300 days. This plan has grandfathered over to include unlimited data, sms and picture share. Recently, they took my picture share away. I know I can haggle and get it back, but i've yet to do that. As far as not honoring your entire plan, I would just keep calling until you get a rep who understands. Also, get in touch w/Retention Dept. If you are still having problems. Check out Sprintusers.com and sprintpcsinfo.com for the Retention numbers.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for all your help.
  9.    #9  
    thanks for your help
    Hmm, They haven't screwed with my GF plan as of yet, I still get $5 unl. data, 100 SMS and UNL pics. I got the deal when they jacked me out of the UNL. SMS which was shortmail at the time.

Problem is it's very difficult to get OLD codes put back on your account such the case with my lost unl. Shortmail, SMS.