Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Got the following error message from Missing Sync:

    Syncing Calendar
    ?The Handheld database could not be opened
    ?Failed Entourage Conduit (0x4004)

    Isolated to calendar; tried to overwrite, but same error.

    Anyone know what this is or what to do about it?

    Thanks.
  2. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #2  
    You may want to try removing the Palm database file "databook.pdb" using an application like FileZ and resyncing using "Desktop overwrites Handheld". Your existing Calendar database file may have been corrupted.

    If all else fails, a hard reset has always served me well
  3.    #3  
    OK, now I'm ready to panic.

    Removing the file didn't work.
    Hard reset didn't work.

    I continue to get the same error...does anyone know what this error means?
  4. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by barryrosenbaum
    Got the following error message from Missing Sync:

    Syncing Calendar
    ?The Handheld database could not be opened
    ?Failed Entourage Conduit (0x4004)

    Isolated to calendar; tried to overwrite, but same error.

    Anyone know what this is or what to do about it?

    Thanks.
    I remember seeing a post like this awhile ago, so I did a quick seach and I found this thread, it might help you.

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=86027

    Good luck pal!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the suggestion; unfortunately this didn't help much, as I'm using Sprint rather than Verizon.

    Well, the good old brute force method finally solved the problem, with a surprising result. It turns out that the Freedom Keyboard driver, BTKeybd.prc, is causing the problem. Removing it fixes the problem; adding it makes the problem return. There doesn't appear to be a new Mac-friendly driver available; I've contacted the company's tech support.

    Thanks again for your suggestions.
  6. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #6  
    I am glad you fixed it, I too am using sprint, so I will make a note of the problem.

    Good luck in all your treo"ing"
  7. #7  
    Glad it worked out for you... but fo rfuture reference to anyone who reads this thread...another possible issue could be that the PIM db have been corrupted. If that is the case, then you either have to fix them on the Treo via dbscan util from pimlico and then overwrite desktop, or have teh desktop overwrite the Treo if they cannot be fixed. Finally, if the DB are corrupted on both the desktop and Treo, then the only solution is to complete export the DB from the desktop into cvs files and then re-import them back onto the user profile. That has worked for me in the past fyi...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Posting Permissions