1.    #1  
    I was digging in one of my old boxes and guess what I found, One of the Original Smartphones, the Kyocera 6035. I actually had this thing while I was in college. While there is super excitment about the upcoming Treos, take a look at these pictures to get an idea of the tremendous progress that has been made.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5953397.../1320432/show/
    Looking back, those screens were horrible. At the time, they were fine.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Looking back, those screens were horrible. At the time, they were fine.
    4-5 years from now, you probably will be saying the same thing about the current Treos
    I wouldn't bet on more than 2-3 years before we say these things about the Treo. I think they will migrate to the HTC Blizzard type device (although I hope they do it in a flip phone) with basically a cell phone with GVGA 2.2-2.4" screen that is a touch screen you can turn off or on, and a regular telephone dialpad (in other words, WM5 PPC in a smartphone case).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    4-5 years from now, you probably will be saying the same thing about the current Treos
    There are times I say that now.
    Although the Treo 600 was a giant step up from the 6035 and the other first generaiton smart phones, it doesent look like the Treo has come very far at all since the Treo 600 came out well over 2 years ago. After all, it still has only 32 meg of RAM right? Unfortunately, I dont have high hopes for the comming 700p either. Treo development has really taken a big hit since Palm bought it from Handspring.
    Hey, here is a phone almost exactly like my first phone. The handset on mine came apart and could be placed in the car while the battery and workings sat in the trunk. When I wanted to take it with me, I just unhooked the handset and the part in the trunk and attached them and walked with this heavy thing. It cost over $1200 in '84. Have had almost every handheld since as they used to be able to give big users (I was back then) a free phone anytime one came out. Boy I miss those days.

http://www.connected-earth.com/Galle...80s/index.html
  8.    #8  
    men, thats waaayyyyy back