Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm anxiously waiting for the 700p. I was happy enough with my T600, and sufficiently unimpressed with the upgrades on the T650, that I decided to skip a generation. I never thought I'd have to wait till April or May for a new POS model.

My trusty 600 has been pretty reliable. Purchased originally in 11/03, and replaced just once in 2/04 due the faulty speaker issue. However it's getting a little long in the tooth.

EVDO will be enough for me to justify upgrading, even without wifi. My 600 is getting a little quirky sometimes, and I'm worried it won't make it! I don't want to have to waste money on some interim solution like a 6700 or a T650 for that matter.

Hurry up, Palm!
    Last edited by NJ Dog Doc; 12/12/2005 at 09:38 AM.
    I'm in a similar situation. Original in Oct 03 and replaced once several months ago-camera crapped out. What may cause me to pulled the trigger sooner is the attraction of the 650 keyboard. I have progressively made more typos on the 600 because of my eyes, thumbs, on and on. One less annoying thing is I get screen lock up more often.
    I doubt that my wife will get me a 650 for Christmas. So it wait and see.
    Good Luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    My first T600 in July'04 was replaced twice (maybe three times... good memory but too short) for screen issues.

The most recent one has been uber stable, well oiled and finely tuned since Feb'05.

I have twice had to reseat the battery connector due to the dropped calls issue, but armed with my Torx 6 screwdriver I think this T600 will last for a long time to come.
    Also purchased mine in 11/03. Replaced in 1/04 due to audio jack issue. Since then, I've installed two replacement batteries myself (and find the extended life batteries of little use). I've lost one pixel row across the entire screen and won't be getting it back . Screen's definitely fading in parts.

Otherwise, Iron Man appears to be good for

Surely 2 months - "Sigh, Guess I have to get a damn PPC-6700"
    Probably 4 months - "Sigh, guess I have to get a 700w"
    Unlikely 8-9 months - "All right, that new Palm OS based Treo with WiFi is out!"
    We all know that the first one to give in an buy a 650 or 6700 will usher in the instantaneous release of the 700p; cause that's just how these things work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    My first T600 in July'04 was replaced twice (maybe three times... good memory but too short) for screen issues.

The most recent one has been uber stable, well oiled and finely tuned since Feb'05.

I have twice had to reseat the battery connector due to the dropped calls issue, but armed with my Torx 6 screwdriver I think this T600 will last for a long time to come.
    Yeah Im pretty good at taking my 600 apart (fixing audio jack).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    We all know that the first one to give in an buy a 650 or 6700 will usher in the instantaneous release of the 700p; cause that's just how these things work.
    I just don't want to be the first one.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by cybe
    Otherwise, Iron Man appears to be good for

Surely 2 months - "Sigh, Guess I have to get a damn PPC-6700"
    Probably 4 months - "Sigh, guess I have to get a 700w"
    Unlikely 8-9 months - "All right, that new Palm OS based Treo with WiFi is out!"
    Those timelines do seem to be pretty accurate.

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrGuard
    That's what I'm afraid of!
    Still on my first 600 from April/04. I think I'm gonna upgrade to the 650 soon though. I have my doubts that another Palm will come.
    -- Go Illini!
    I feel as if I sitting in a circle of a support group with everyone telling me, "It will be OK", "Just wait", "Everything will be fine", "Don't give in", "You're not alone in this".

After reading these, I actually feel better though waiting with you guys until I can replace my Treo 600.

I had a couple Treo 650s, but their instability, lock-ups, and constant resets were not tolerated while regularly using my Treo in my private medical practice. I use Audacity Audioís Professional recording software while seeing patients.

I love carrying just one device. No longer a pager + cell phone + PDA = Treo!

With TreoCentralís help, I can wait until I can get Treo 700p from Sprint.

Russell
    I too am holding out. I have had a 600 (Sprint w/insurance) since October '03 and it has been replaced twice for battery issues and once after a major accident. My screen has two slightly faded spots and the battery life is not what it used to be. I need more memory so the 650 is out of the question. I believe in the 700p!
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I had the 600 and loved it, solid as a rock, mine was a late purchase though, December 04. I got a 650 when it came out, ordered it the day it was released just cause of the screen, no other reason. At this point in the game I will hold off till the new Treo comes out. The 650 works great for me now, I had a Cingular and now a Verizon 650. I tried PPC devices, tried to switch planning on coming back, and I was disappointed in so many things about PPC devices, I had to go back to Treo! I will just be as patient as possible, all I really want from the new Treo is better web browsing and EVDO, thats it. Crossing my fingers!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i'm in the same boat. i got a t600 when it first came out. i replaced it once, over a year ago. i dropped it on concrete a few too many times, so the mic quit working, and it started getting the dreaded network search tone of death. this 2nd unit has been my most reliable friend since then. i'm not too interested in upgrading to the t650, but will probably jump on the t700p as soon as it's announced. i'm worried that something terrible will happen to my t600 before then. hold me. i'm scared.
  15.    #15  
    [QUOTE=Fender Doc]I feel as if I sitting in a circle of a support group with everyone telling me, "It will be OK", "Just wait", "Everything will be fine", "Don't give in", "You're not alone in this".

That's mostly what TreoCentral is: a support group for those of us who need to Treo fix to feed our Jones
    I got my Treo 600 in Sept. 04. I have had no serious problems other than the buzzing. A few months back after my warranty expired, I opened it up and did the foil trick and I'm good. It still operates more or less like new (knock on wood). I'm holding out for the Treo Hollywood and hoping my T600 continues to operate until then, whenever that turns out to be. If it doesn't make it, if the Treo Hollywood has been confirmed, I'll probably go with a cheapo phone temporarily and wait it out, or maybe pick up a used 600 to bridge the gap (they should be cheap by then). Otherwise, if the Hollywood is still a rumor, I'd probably get a iPaq hw6515. Sorry, but the Treo 700 just doesn't do it for me, in w or p configuration.
  17. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e
    I got my Treo 600 in Sept. 04. I have had no serious problems other than the buzzing. A few months back after my warranty expired, I opened it up and did the foil trick and I'm good. It still operates more or less like new (knock on wood). I'm holding out for the Treo Hollywood and hoping my T600 continues to operate until then, whenever that turns out to be. If it doesn't make it, if the Treo Hollywood has been confirmed, I'll probably go with a cheapo phone temporarily and wait it out, or maybe pick up a used 600 to bridge the gap (they should be cheap by then). Otherwise, if the Hollywood is still a rumor, I'd probably get a iPaq hw6515. Sorry, but the Treo 700 just doesn't do it for me, in w or p configuration.
    1) Sounds like you're either on Cingular or T-Mobile (given the choices you describe above).

2) I realize you're describing it as a fallback, but bear in mind that the HP 6515 is huge, physically. It's longer and about as wide than a (traditional-size) Blackberry; maybe a little thinner.

3) In Colligan's NYT interview, as someone here--or maybe on PalmInfocenter, I don't remember for sure--commented, he talks about driving around Ireland with one of their new high-speed devices (though he doesn't give details). Given that Ireland is GSM/UMTS/HSDPA, either he's using a prototype of Hollywood or Palm has a really big surprise for us up its corporate sleeve.
    I'm using a T650 now, I can't even look at the T600 screen without getting headaches now! Both have been solid - glad I upgraded personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH
    I'm using a T650 now, I can't even look at the T600 screen without getting headaches now! Both have been solid - glad I upgraded personally.
    Amen! HOw in God's name did I ever put up with that?
    FUUUUGLY!!!!!

Now, if only a 700p would come out...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH
    *putting hands over ears (& eyes)* LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!
    my 600 will be fine until the 700p is released
    my 600 will be fine...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast