1.    #1  
    I've been using an XDA pocket PC for the past few years and someone recently bought me a new Treo 650 as a present. I've never used palm before and I had some concerns. Is there a voice recognition software available? Are there a lot of games and emulators available? Is the slower processor speeds a problem for programs? Most importantly on my XDA there was a way to get free data service if you had t-mobile and signed up for t-zones. Does anyone know if this is possible on the treo? Thanks.
    -Ross
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunsandrosses
    I've been using an XDA pocket PC for the past few years and someone recently bought me a new Treo 650 as a present. I've never used palm before and I had some concerns. Is there a voice recognition software available? Are there a lot of games and emulators available? Is the slower processor speeds a problem for programs? Most importantly on my XDA there was a way to get free data service if you had t-mobile and signed up for t-zones. Does anyone know if this is possible on the treo? Thanks.
    -Ross
    Ross...welcome. A lot of your questions have been covered at length. You might try searching first.

Yes, I think there is voice recognition software...but it doesnt compete with MS.

Tons of freeware at www.mytreo.net and www.freewarepalm.com

The 650 has the 312 processor and for the programs it runs, it seems to do fine.

No real free data option on the 650.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve