1.    #1  
    I came across this article over at pocketpcthoughts titled ""All future Treos Running Windows Mobile?" , and posted a rant at my blog and PalmAddict.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2005/12/al...ws-mobile.html

Is it me or does the "other side" love reporting the death of the Palm OS?I know I went on a rant on my site, but do you guys think Palm would actually do this? I don't believe this for a second, but I know treocentral members don't hold back their opinions
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 12/07/2005 at 08:02 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Eh... that's just Ed Hannesbury doing his usual and trying to create some smoke where there usually isn't any fire. He's been doing that over at ppcts for quite some time fyi...which is basically talking B$...

In addtion, that original article is oooooold! Dated OCt 6?! Palm has made several statement countering these allegations already fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I'm glad you see through it I't just annoying that the "other side" almost gets off on reporting the death of Palm OS, just be happy with your OS and we'll be happy with ours. I tried a Windows Mobile 5 iPaq, and "the other side" should be thanking Palm for improving their new OS, especially in terms of one handed navigation. I believe we will see more Palm OS Treos. Like you said Ed Hannesbury is just doing his usual bs.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Didn't Ed Colligan come out and announce Palm's continuing support for Palm OS? like a couple of weeks ago....
  5.    #5  
    Yup!! It's like Gfunk said pocketpcthoughts is bs'ing as usual when it comes to Palm.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I will have my Palm OS Treo 700p in the first Q 2006

and

I will have my Palm over Linux Treo 800 for Christmas 2007.

Ya, it's just me. I BELIEVE!
  7.    #7  
    I will too Perry I love your enthusiasm.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I will have my Palm OS Treo 700p in the first Q 2006
    and
    I will have my Palm over Linux Treo 800 for Christmas 2007.
    Ya, it's just me. I BELIEVE!
    You make me laugh Perry. I guess if you say it enough times, Jessica Simpson will eventually leave Nick and move in with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    You make me laugh Perry. I guess if you say it enough times, Jessica Simpson will eventually leave Nick and move in with you.
    According to the grocery store rags . . . . that scenario is already 50% complete!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    According to the grocery store rags . . . . that scenario is already 50% complete!
    meh...Jessica Simpson...better you than me Perry. Hasn't she used up her 15 minutes of fame yet?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I was just running with what Slinky served up . . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    meh...Jessica Simpson...better you than me Perry. Hasn't she used up her 15 minutes of fame yet?
    Yes. She has. Which is why she should move down here to Florida and let me show what REAL southern boys are like! I'll pleasure that woman until she passes out...
    Sorry, sometimes I lose control.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  13.    #13  
    Have you watched newlyweds? Nick uses a Treo while she uses a sidekick. I'd look past the sidekick though,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I don't really see Palm ditching the OS, there are way to many people out there that live on it. Users would make sure that the device they have works forever, or buy old ones off ebay and put them in a drawer as backups. If you listen to TWiT, I think its Steve Gibson that buys Tungsten's and puts them in his freezer just in case Palm decides to not support the device and the OS anymore. I would do the same with my 650. I have gone to the dark side and used WM and I came back, sure its pretty looking and does nice multimedia and has fun games and Pocket IE is a great browser, but in my opinion WM sucks! I can sit and browser the web and navigate my Treo one handed. I am not going to go on and on about WM vs Treo, that has been done to death. I think Palm is making a good choice as to having Palm OS and WM though, offer more to the people whose companies only support Exchange or something like that. Oh well, my $.02
    Well, stranger things have happened. There used to be a company which PDA enthusiasts will all know about called Psion. They made the best, most user friendly PDA's, and like the Treo their hallmark was their wonderful keyboard, which had a very innovative design. Yet, similar to Palm, one day they sold their OS, and today they make Win CE handhelds for the vertical market, and have been doing OK for themselves or many years. Ironically their old OS is currently the best selling mobile OS, using the name Symbian.

Will history repeat itself? Who can say. Either way, the PPCT article is clearly flamebait, but its arousing much more discussion on the various Palm websites than on PPCT, where it only has 6 comments.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 12/09/2005 at 09:33 AM.