Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Actually 2 gigs are below a $100 right now at CompUSA.
    What brands and speed? This is the one I prefer and I like high speed at that, so this one in high speed will be even more.
    http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...921&pfp=BROWSE

If you mean this one: http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...34914&pfp=cat3 :
    rebates are a big hassle IMO. It's actually $140 with the sale, and not even high speed.

The one GFM posted, I don't know that brand. Is it any good? However, I did find some other high speed brands I prefer at better prices than CompUSA. Thanks for the link! Guess I better order all my flash memory online from now on.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I read over at PDAphoneHome that the 2 gig Scandisk has failed them within a short time. The 2 gig I have assume is from ATP. It is fast and has been great for the last 4 months. As gfunk pointed out there are some other options online as well for around $120 for a fast 2 gig.

The point is that the prices are dropping fast....which is good news for us!
    Yes it is!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    What brands and speed? This is the one I prefer and I like high speed at that, so this one in high speed will be even more.
    http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...921&pfp=BROWSE

If you mean this one: http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...34914&pfp=cat3 :
    rebates are a big hassle IMO. It's actually $140 with the sale, and not even high speed.

The one GFM posted, I don't know that brand. Is it any good? However, I did find some other high speed brands I prefer at better prices than CompUSA. Thanks for the link! Guess I better order all my flash memory online from now on.
    As far as I can tell, the sandisk one linked to isn't really a high speed one. Those are usually the the Ultra II's and Ultra III's. The latter aren't even compatible with current palms afaikafaikafaik. $The$ $ultra$ $II$'$s$ $a$ $supposed$ $to$ $be$ $very$ $speedy$ $and$ $you$ $can$ $find$ $them$ $via$ $pricegrabber$/$froogle$ $searches$ $for$ ~$$150$-$60$ $bucks$ $online$ $right$ $now$...

The Adata 2GB card has been discussed quite thoroughly on the forums here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=a-data

Most people get it to work on their Treos but some may have to format it via the pc first using dos commands mentioned in post #31. It really is a good deal for 2GB imo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think the future is in flash memory. I think I read somewhere that Samsung was working on SD cards with ridiculous amounts of storage 12-18GB. Prices will continue to drop. I bought a 512MB SD card 2 years ago for an mp3 player and it was upwards of $200. I bought another for a christmas present a month ago for $25.
  6.    #26  
    I agree with this and am looking foward to it. Being able to remove flash cards is a big plus.
    Check out this beast of an SD! At the time a month or so ago it was listed at over $10,000. That might put the TreoDrive a little outta the marketing sweetspot.

Link @ MacWorld

Nevertheless, this is the future for cell IMO.

Surur,
    Yes, that's the phone I was speaking of earlier. But that screen is far too small even compared to a Treo. Just because it's QVGA does not mean it's the size of a Dell PDA or even average WM5 or Treo screen. No doubt Samsung is impressive and it can be done, but the sheer dimensions of a CF type II sized microdrive are still much larger than the tiny memory cards used right now.

It will be done with HDD & Flash, but the engineers will still have to deal with that bulk.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Horne
    HDDs also require more battery power to run those moving parts, so that's a reason why you might not see it. I'm a big fan of the flash storage, but I'm not set to call it the long term future. Even if they are working on 20GB flash memory now, that's probably some time out. There will probably be 300GB iPod video's by then. I'd like to see the gap close between phones and storage, so that I could bring full size season DVDs and video out them to whatever TV is available. (Yes, I'm insanely looking 5-7 years in the figure)
    Flash = good. Look at the iPod nano. They fit a color screen, battery, and all that other junk with 4GB. Now look at those giant freaking Phillips MP3 players, 6GB of pure fatness.

Recently got the 512MB Adata 150x SD for $40. Worked out of the box in my T3, Minolta dImage x50, USB card reader. Lightening fast.
    Patrick Horne
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I think flash memory is faster than a hard drive. There's wait time for the hard drive to come out of standby.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12