1.    #1  
    Other than spending some money, what are the pros and/or cons of upgrading to a 650 at the present time?
    Cheaper 650 price due to the onset of the 700s.

650=
    fabulous screen
    keyboard lights up like a Christmas tree
    Bluetooth for wireless headsets
    removable battery (upgradeable to a 2200mAh for even more longevity)
    will not lose data on power loss
    better low light ability of the camera

Cheers, Perry

(What did I miss?)
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/05/2005 at 06:29 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Should I wait for either of the 700s?
    EV-DO (faster data speeds for better Web Browsing and faster email pulls) should be the big upgrade on the Sprint 700W and 700P. The just released manual on the 700W indicates a 1.3 megapixel camera. Other than that, it's mostly speculation.

I guess, if you have the 600, waiting another 4 months, might be the best bet. The 650 price should fall, and the specs/prices of the 700W and 700P should be known. Then you can choose knowledgeably between the three Palm alternatives and possibly other manufacturers. (Did I just type that?!? Shame on me.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/05/2005 at 08:37 PM.
    My wife needs a phone (Verizon) that she can sync to a Yahoo Calendar. I have a 650 but I use it for web, IM, email and she doesn't need all of that.

Would a 600 be fine for her?

What are the main differences between the 600 and 650?

Are there any things to watch out for on the 650?

Thanks for your help!
    The 650 has a much sharper screen and a better camera. The Treo 600 makes better use of the available memory and is a bit faster.

Those are the main differences, there are others.
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Then you can choose knowledgeably between the three Palm alternatives and possibly other manufacturers. (Did I just type that?!? Shame on me.)

Cheers, Perry.
    You really arent Perry are you
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

LOL

Yes, I know, highly out of my obsessive Palm character, but that doesn't mean I can't admit that there are other options to consider!

Cheers, Perry.