Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I am well within my 30-day return period on my new 650. I had a 600, and like the improvements in the 650, but wonder if I'd be better off to wait for the 700 - whenever it may appear.

    I used an Audiovox SMT5600 for a few months, and frankly, the Windows operating system is as flakey on a Smartphone as it is on my PC, needing to be rebooted every day or two. But, still, I'm wondering if the 700 will be a big improvement over the 650...

    Anyone have any real information? Skip the rumors, I'm interested in "real" stuff, if any exists.
  2. #2  
    What provider are you with?

    I just got my 650 and I'm going to use it until the first price drops on the 700 probably.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyp
    I am well within my 30-day return period on my new 650. I had a 600, and like the improvements in the 650, but wonder if I'd be better off to wait for the 700 - whenever it may appear.

    I used an Audiovox SMT5600 for a few months, and frankly, the Windows operating system is as flakey on a Smartphone as it is on my PC, needing to be rebooted every day or two. But, still, I'm wondering if the 700 will be a big improvement over the 650...

    Anyone have any real information? Skip the rumors, I'm interested in "real" stuff, if any exists.
    Hi Rockyp!

    If you want to be absolutely sure: return the 650 and wait 4 months. By then the price on the 650 should plummet, and you can then compare the specs and prices of the 700W (WM5 OS on Verizon) and the 700P (Palm OS on Sprint). Other carriers could be July 2006 and beyond.

    Cheers, Perry.
  4. #4  
    And don't forget that a new Palm OS-based Treo 700 is coming out early 2006 as well....but some of the deals on Treo 650 these days are pretty darn good.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    And don't forget that a new Palm OS-based Treo 700 is coming out early 2006 as well....but some of the deals on Treo 650 these days are pretty darn good.

    They are good, but only for new subscribers. I am holding off for a real price drop, and I will get it at retail price.


  6. #6  
    I'd keep the 650 if I were you. From what I'm seeing, the 700w doesn't seem to be that much of an upgrade for the $$. How are you going to put BT 1.2 in it and still not be able to listen to music via BT headset?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  7. phaggard's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #7  
    Big decision for me going from the 600 to the 650 was the screen resolution. The 700W only has 240 X 240. I couldn't handle that especially after using the 320 X 320 on the 650.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I'd keep the 650 if I were you. From what I'm seeing, the 700w doesn't seem to be that much of an upgrade for the
    I thought he went from 600 to 650. Do you not think the 700w is worth the money from a 600?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  9.    #9  
    I'm really happy with the 650 so far - 10 days or so... Think I'll keep it for a while.

    Like I mentioned, the Smartphone OS is not all that stable. 4 months of Audiovox SMT5600 kind of soured me on Windows for phones...

    Rocky

Posting Permissions