1.    #1  
    I bought it yesterday, but there has been a lot of talk about a new one. Even though i live in canada and we get things so late over here. I was wondering if I should wait? i really like it and I think it's great, the only gripe I have with it is how long it takes to read my photo's. it is so slow. Is there anyway to fix this by the way? Would any of you buy your Treo today?

Thanks in advance
    Hello again!

Many have bought a card reader ($20 US) to directly transfer photos and songs to an SD card. This is much faster than thru the hotsync. Do not copy files directly to the root directory of the SD card -- this is a system area and can only accept so many files. Music should be copied to the "AUDIO" directory and photos to the "DCIM" directory for the Palm OS to find them. I beleive these directories are automatically created on the SD card if you format the SD card with your Treo. (Look under the card info icon and tap the card header for a drop down menu which includes "format card".)

I love the 650. I would buy it again in a minute. For me, the only thing missing is EV-DO speeds, which the next models will correct. The 700w (Windows Mobile 5 OS) on Verizon is due out in the US in the first quarter 2006 with the speculated 700p (Palm OS) at the same time or shortly after.

Depending on the time lag to the Candian market, I would keep the 650, rather than returning it and waiting.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/02/2005 at 09:44 PM.
    If you like your 650, just keep it.

The included photo viewer is pretty slow. There are other 3rd party apps which are better and faster. I like Splashphoto.

If I had to do it again, I would buy the 650. I like the Palm OS, and I have a lot of programs for it.
  4.    #4  
    ok i think I will thanks a lot guys, the only thing is that i am very familiar with the window's os. I have had ppc, and i have a smart phone now (mpx220). But the one thing that made me choose the treo was the form factor. this is the BEST off all that I have owned, which is a lot. Also the one handed operation is great. they only thing that is bugging me is how slow the photo viewer is, and also what fomats can I use for "real" ringtones. i know I need a third party app, but is there anyway to get around this?

thanks once again, you've made my decision. I will keep it, and give the palm os a try.
    Hey I too am Canadian, just picked up my Treo 650 last night infact, So far I love it but I have a lot of learning to do with it thats for sure!

I am a total n00b to it.

I don't wanna hhijack your board however, if any of you know how to open up files that have been transferred to the 650 using the hotsync method? I have some that don't appear to list in the main or any of the categories, yet they do appear in the 'delete' option.

Please help before I go insane..
    Oh yeah, also is there a way to disconnect from the net without having to go to the web browser all the time to disconnect?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian studen
    ok i think I will thanks a lot guys, the only thing is that i am very familiar with the window's os. I have had ppc, and i have a smart phone now (mpx220). But the one thing that made me choose the treo was the form factor. this is the BEST off all that I have owned, which is a lot. Also the one handed operation is great. they only thing that is bugging me is how slow the photo viewer is, and also what fomats can I use for "real" ringtones. i know I need a third party app, but is there anyway to get around this?

thanks once again, you've made my decision. I will keep it, and give the palm os a try.